Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hi I have been quietly following along everything is looking great. You will be in the water soon.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
don't like it rip it all out and start over :) ... always wanted to say that just to incite shock and awe looking good man!

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Man, you're getting close! You got time tho, Ohio is probably gonna be up and muddy with all this rain were getting upstream...

chevymaher

Commander
Man, you're getting close! You got time tho, Ohio is probably gonna be up and muddy with all this rain were getting upstream...

It has been nasty in the river this year so far. One flood after another. Matter of fact it is thunderstorming now. No rain but big thunder it almost here.

I can't imagine being on the river and hearing thunder like this. LOL I am in a tent and it is like OMG get the tarps all on.

Today I got the dash together and the teak on. That was time consuming. I had to trim the bottom of the teak to match the bow hallway. I got the wires run across there and the amp mounted again.

Moving along now. Next.

Attachments

• photo290626.jpg
    photo290626.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo290627.jpg
    photo290627.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2

chevymaher

Commander
The first pic the little screw covers. Those were a trick to find in bright red. Exact same ones as original just a different color. They were on E Bay as licence plate bolt covers.

I got the engine cover sound deadener in it and carpeted and assembled and adjusted. Carpet changed that for me. And getting that carpet on without wrinkles. Lets just say that was a challenge.

I got the boot on the bulkhead. All fuel lines run into the tank. Tank installed. Electrical in the tank done. Tank cover on.

And the cooler drain. Four Winns in their wisdom left it visible under that panel. I wasn't having it. I cut a carpet and zip tied it on. Looks much better now. Not so ghetto.

Then I had to get a box and take everything out of the boat. Carpet scraps tools everything. Run the vacuum. It is far from clean but the little fuzz balls are all gone now.

Attachments

• photo290682.jpg
    photo290682.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo290683.jpg
    photo290683.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 4
  • photo290684.jpg
    photo290684.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 4
  • photo290685.jpg
    photo290685.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 4
  • photo290686.jpg
    photo290686.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 4
  • photo290687.jpg
    photo290687.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo290688.jpg
    photo290688.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 4

chevymaher

Commander
I can't sleep for a change having my coffee.

Todays adventure is I am going to take the seat bases off the front seating. Waterproof them. And carpet them if it hardens in time.

I am going to put things in the engine compartment. Like the trim pump. Bilge pump and switch.

But I am going to make a sacrificial wood for mounting the bilge pump and the switch. They are literally below water level and screwed into the motor mount wood. I don't think so Tim.

I am also dying to get a side panel in there. We will see what happens once I get going.

It is supposed to rain actually thunderstorm in a few hours so better set the bench up for glassing under the tent.

chevymaher

Commander
I got both side panels in there now. Throttle attached. Handle still paying on the dash.

Then it was killin me. I had to know are all the parts I made separately months apart. Going to fit together.

They did I am sooo relieved LOL.

Everything else is just laid in there see if it fits. I taking a break then back at it. I decided it is supposed to be high wind and thunderstorm. Best wait on the glassing do things rain cant hurt.

chevymaher

Commander
Sorry freaked out forgot to post pics. That is what happens when your old and up working at 130 am.

Once I get back to work I will get the seat bases off to work on those.

Attachments

• photo290743.jpg
    photo290743.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo290744.jpg
    photo290744.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2

chevymaher

Commander
Well this is different. I am sitting in the boat with the computer. I am ordering some things for it. Bilge vents battery trays. Mainly for the first time since i got it just enjoying sitting in it. Relaxing. I can see this happening alot in the future.

Once I get the order off I am going to put the throttle handle on then take the seat bases off the main seats for waterproofing and carpeting. It is drizzling but there is a window of opportunity for doing them in the next few hours the weather says.

I will clean the garage soon of glassing stuff and put it up so it doesn't get ruined. I got plans for it on something else once the boat is doneish. They are never done.

Well morning all I got to get to working before we go grocery shopping when ever the troops wake up.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
you just like sitting there with naked feet feelin the carpet... admit it!! :)

chevymaher

Commander
you just like sitting there with naked feet feelin the carpet... admit it!! :)

Okay yes I do. I am a died in the wool HillBilly and shoes and I don't get along. Crickets and dark out there. It is nice.

Today I got the throttle/shifter dealy together. Only second time i ever seen one and the first time i took it off and threw it in the box. So I was marveling the mysteries of the pyramids a while on that.

I got the seat bases completed carpeted and installed. Took me a while to get the seats exactly the way I wanted them. Now i know what the opening is for under the cooler. For your feet to go into. That seat in the laying position only fits in there one way or it wont open. When it is open it extends to the rear seat. It is long and comfortable. My seat I got legroom like a caddy in there. That is all that is important.

I got carpet scraps down all over the boat so I dont drag mud into it. I will take them out and shake them and vacuum the boat next session. I can see now i will be cleaning this white interior alot.

Well off to buy food.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Kinda why i decided on Cream color, white is blinding as well, learned that on the first one i did :)

chevymaher

Commander
Instead of using sacrificial wood on the bilge brackets. I hot glued them to a piece of cardboard to hold them where they needed to be. Moved it and put CSM down. Set it in place and CSM'ed over it. Other than that I am where i never have been. This is the point where i thought I was when I got the boat now. I am sorting out the wires and tidying up the looms.

It is supposed to t-Storm again in a little bit. So I am about donr in here for today. let this resin harden and pick the cardboard off tomorrow.

I been eyeballing the motor and drive in there thinkin it almost your turn in the rotation.

chevymaher

Commander
I got a wrecker coming with a truck on it to work on sometime soon. And i got to help my buddy scrap some metal.

But untill somebody gets here. I going out and put the trim pump and wiring in LOL.

CrazyFinn

Petty Officer 1st Class
But I am going to make a sacrificial wood for mounting the bilge pump and the switch. They are literally below water level and screwed into the motor mount wood.

On my smaller boat I glassed in some pieces of plywood after everything else was sealed up to mount terminal blocks, hose clamps, etc so I could avoid screwing into my carefully sealed transom as stringers as much as possible.