Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
That's great. Definitely opens a lot of doors.

Thank you yes it does. Once orientation is over back to regular life. Best of all she got a job at the hospital that is 10 minutes away. I know one thing if you work for them and go in. Your in and out in 10 minutes none of this wait forever crap. She needed Xrays for her Physical. She had the same thing done to work for the place she works at now and it took hours.

She is getting set up with the new place now and finishes her last day at her old job the end of the week.

I got my carpet figured. Been in and out of the barge all morning making measurements and plotting and planning. Getting the tabbing together and CSM. Won't be to much longer i be using the boat and back to working on all my junk I mean cars.

chevymaher

Commander
Not sure how often it happens but my buddy had his prop stolen once. One I got is a stainless and the one I am getting is ridiculous expensive. I was hunting around last night for a lock. The whole just a bolt holding it on easy peasy to take thing don't go over well with me.

I found the McGard locks. I know you can get them off at least I could. I get stuck getting mag locks off all the time. But it would slow them down and cause them to make enough racket i could get outside and kick their azz if they tried. Boat is only 10 feet from my head when i sleep.

I am adding it to the list of supplies to get.

I got to go work on the van before I start me boat work this morning. Seem when you posi sideways the interior light comes on. I tracked it down to the sliding door light pin. The little plastic tip fell off i gonna have to make a new one. It is barely in enough to turn the light off.

Going into the 50's a few times this week. Getting antsy to work on the boat. It is like waiting for X-Mas morning here. As much as I hate doing the paperwork. The warmer weather has given me the kick in my complacent butt to get it done.

Attachments

• photo285079.jpg
    photo285079.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I was going to make a prop guard myself i just haven't yet but its always on my mind as well, I like this one best.

Attachments

• photo285082.jpg
    photo285082.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
I was going to make a prop guard myself i just haven't yet but its always on my mind as well, I like this one best.

Thank you very much I will be looking into that one.

I got the door light fixed. A piece of shrink wrap on the post

chevymaher

Commander
Here you all go joke for the day.

I am figuring tabbing for everything.add 10% you know the drill. I do the cost analysis and think wow that is more than I remember. But I am good with it work on.

Moved on to find the price of the CSM, While I was looking I noticed your ordering by the yard Not the foot like carpet. That I just got done figuring.

Well that is alot better LOL.

I am finished with the 1708 calculations now. I am probably being way to anal and putting to much in this tub seeing as it had none the first time. But stronger is better to me. Anything structural is basically will be made with it now.

I am moving on to doing the CSM now.

I need to "line up"as I say a snap tool and a battery tray. Remember to get those on the list when I go back to the chair for mommy duty watching my son after she goes to work.

See if i can hunt down the lock micky showed me. May just weld one up. I got a bunch of scrap here. Something is going on there when it sits I know that for sure.

chevymaher

Commander
I admit it I been slackin. Cold and me don't get along no motivation. I was cleaning and stuffing the can with wood scraps from the boat. Took out the garbage. I sat down there and thought about working alot. Almost started cleaning engine parts again a couple times LOL.

Looked in the mailbox had a renewal notice from the state. I though huh that is early this year. Reading it on the way back in the garage. I don't recognize the plate number or the Vin. It is a 87 and that is the boats year. Check the HIN and it isn't it.

I am confused looked nope it is my name. Didn't come to the wrong place.

Then it dawned on me. Trailer tags. Looked in the legal cabinet and sure enough it was for the boat. I going to paint the trailer and replace the bunkers so I never put the tag on.

Hard to believe I had this old barge a year almost already.

I think I wasted the one sewing machine doing the boat interior. It was acting funky at the end. I remember thinking just hang on a little longer.

I had to sew a hem in a pair of pants. Stitch wasn't worth a nickle. I took it apart to see what up. Metal shavings everywhere. I think the JC Penny gave her all LOL. The white is knocking now.

I will take the white in and have the sewing place see if they can rebuild it. If not it was always supposed to be a piece of furniture for looks. It works still it can go back to relaxing.

I am getting a new Heavy duty singer machine soon. I was shopping last night. Found the one I want. Made of all metal parts. So I will get that before i do the bow cover and tops. Break it in right.

Last edited:

oldrem

Commander
Do you have to renew your boat tags every year there? Here it's once every 3 years and nothing for motors or trailers.

chevymaher

Commander
Do you have to renew your boat tags every year there? Here it's once every 3 years and nothing for motors or trailers.

Yes every year. And I am pretty sure the boat and trailer are together on that. But since I got the tags for mine. It is listed by the trailers Vin. Boat gets a cute little square sticker for next to the registration numbers. Trailer no sticker like a car for the tags. Plate just last forever.

Here you don't have to have tags in my state. It is a option to have them. But I live 10 minutes away from 2 other states where they do require tags on trailers. So I got them to eliminate as a reason to be pulled over and harassed if I go to lakes there. Don't mind me just passing through kinda thing.

I need to order the registration numbers and name of the boat to put on her. it is getting close to needing them.

chevymaher

Commander
I was checking river conditions online. We are in flood stage. We had a bunch of snow it got warm and rained alot also melting the snow.

While i was out working today. I went by the landing i will be using soon. Snapped a few pics of the place. My buddy was right you can launch right from the parking lot now.

Attachments

• photo285388.jpg
    photo285388.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo285389.jpg
    photo285389.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo285390.jpg
    photo285390.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1

chevymaher

Commander
Beep............................Houston the eagle has sheet.....................................................Beep.

Last edited:

chevymaher

Commander
Creek by the house in the park is now big enough to use the boat in LOL. Just the roof of the picnic area is exposed.

Well I went on a massive spending spree not just on the boat. And they said you pegged the spending meter having to much fun. Got a automated call my card was cancelled and call them. So I did and had the limit cranked to the max and went back to spending a while.

Paid bills got tires for the van. They were getting thin in the skin.

I ordered 10 gallons of resin. 44 yds of 1708 10 yards of 1.5 oz csm. 40 cu ft of flotation foam. And 35 yards of carpet. Gonna take a break on the motor parts this should keep me busy a while. Let the bank recover before getting engine parts.

So now the waiting game begins for 65 degree temps. Highs are supposed to be off and on 60 for the next 2 weeks. May squeeze in a few 70 degree days knowing ky tho.

oldrem

Commander
So now the waiting game begins for 65 degree temps. Highs are supposed to be off and on 60 for the next 2 weeks. May squeeze in a few 70 degree days knowing ky tho.

PLEASE find a way to blow some of those temps up here. We're still stuck in the 30's to low 40's for highs over the next few weeks.

chevymaher

Commander
PLEASE find a way to blow some of those temps up here. We're still stuck in the 30's to low 40's for highs over the next few weeks.

I am so fired up now. I went outside to the boat. It is 45 degrees. I said oh heck no and back inside I went. But tomorrow and sat they saying 64 and 60. We are in the Yo-Yo portion of the weather pattern here now. Warm-freezing-Warm-freezing back and forth.

chevymaher

Commander
im wearing flops and we have ac on .... just saying :)

LOL last 2 days before this i had the A/C on in the house. And flip flops on. Today not so much.

Way the weather is here we could have 80's in march and snow in april. I am not lying i seen it happen before.