Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks awesome! Man I hate how much room safety gear takes on a boat lol... But wouldn't go out without it!

Just an FYI, not sure what the spec is on idle on your boat, but take some tools with you for when you splash it... I believe the idle is supposed to be set while in gear in the water with load on the prop. I recall my stingray idled about 950 out of the water, but right on the money when in gear in the water.

Comment

• So close!!!! Get that thing in the water! I'm ready for it and I'm not even there.
      My 1993 Ski Centurion Falcon resto-mod thread:
      https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...on-restoration

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Props View Post
        Looks awesome! Man I hate how much room safety gear takes on a boat lol... But wouldn't go out without it!

Just an FYI, not sure what the spec is on idle on your boat, but take some tools with you for when you splash it... I believe the idle is supposed to be set while in gear in the water with load on the prop. I recall my stingray idled about 950 out of the water, but right on the money when in gear in the water.
        Everything i see is 750 for idle. It idles faster in gear. The throttle mechanism bumps it up in both forward and reverse. I will bring something for it tho.
        Dance with the waves,
        move with the sea.
        Let the rhythm of the water
        set your soul free.

1987 Four Winns 170 Horizon.

Comment

• yep it idles around 900 to 1k out of water, in water it drops down dropped in gear it went to 600 -700 best to adjust in gear in water and you will be set same thing with shift linkage.
          project: https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...r-2159-hardtop
          Previous project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...rint-bass-boat
          Previous previous project/conversion https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...rsion-splashed

Comment

• I got the bunkers cut today. They are waiting for the carpet now.

I notoced looking in from the back one seat wasnt level. I shimmed the seat track.

I cleaned the wiring near the battery up and tied it all off where it should be since it is obvious it is going to run now.

I fought with the exhaust boot a couple hours. I finally got it on.
            Dance with the waves,
            move with the sea.
            set your soul free.

Comment

• Aren't you boating yet!? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Props View Post
                Aren't you boating yet!? LOL
                Believe me I am working on it.
                Dance with the waves,
                move with the sea.
                set your soul free.

Comment

• Look out the door just now. Oh look Santa was here.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by chevymaher; July 11th, 2018, 05:50 AM.
                  Dance with the waves,
                  move with the sea.
                  set your soul free.

Comment

• I got the switched power run from the ignition to the rear of the boat for the alt. Temp sender came I got that in now that gauge works. The receiver locks came.

What ever is going on with the generator it is killing the battery when you turn the ignition on. I got the battery charger on it it is reading 14.4 volts turn the key on and the generator is shunting the power till the battery reads 12.2 volts. Bad bad that is a dead battery. Oh well it be fixed soon.

I told the admiral the boat is quickly approaching the point where there is nothing else to do.

Both the alt and bunker carpet are due by friday tracking is saying tomorrow. The stingray is due by tues next week.

Dance with the waves,
                    move with the sea.
                    set your soul free.

Comment

• I went and got Lag bolts this morning and more staples. That was the right call the bunker carpet came before I got home.

So I got the bunkers made and on. Out of 18 bolts 8 were missing and 2 snapped off coming out. So I am thinking it was due.

Alternator is out for delivery so it will be here tonight some time.
                      Dance with the waves,
                      move with the sea.
                      set your soul free.

Comment

• Alt is in and it is charging. Temp gauge is working. I am learning the boats personality now. I had no issues warming it up. 4 cylinders with cams sound silly until they clear their throats. I put the rear seat in.

I got to put the tie down for the dog house adjust a couple things and it is done. Right now the admiral and I are mealying when she works so I can take it first to float it at the lake a mile away. No motor there. Just check for leaks and practice backing. I never did this before. But it is a nobody goes to it lake.

Once that is over to the river to pay my fees for the landing there.

It starts and runs fine. Just got to play its silly little game till it is at 100 degrees. Let it idle at 1100 rpm till it idles up bump it back. Then next time it is crispy and go to normal idle.

Getting close.
                        Dance with the waves,
                        move with the sea.
                        set your soul free.

Comment

• My 3.0 is very cold blooded. It runs on three cylinders for a few seconds after a cold start. Once it’s warmend up it starts right up no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by cassadypaul View Post
                            My 3.0 is very cold blooded. It runs on three cylinders for a few seconds after a cold start. Once it’s warmend up it starts right up no problem.
                            It does don't it. Once it is on the gauge at all. Dont touch anything tap the key and perfect idle.
                            Dance with the waves,
                            move with the sea.
                            set your soul free.

Comment

• Well it was in the water it leaks. Not a happy camper.
                              Dance with the waves,
                              move with the sea.
                              set your soul free.

Comment

Ouch! Definitely has to hurt
                                - Eric

Somers, WI

Old enough to know better - but crazy enough to try anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X