Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Hey Bondo I couldn't help myself and bought your prop. A quicksilver power 2. 15-21 pitch.

chevymaher

Commander
that sounds like a ton of prop, your boat aint that heavy lol

Yea maybe not needed but i like rare performance parts. I got a shelf of them for the chevelle. Like the 302 cross ram intake. It is a factory part and I like it. If it works a season or 2 it is worth what I gave for it. If it don't it can go on the shelf in the corner with the other conversation pieces.

It is supposed to arrive monday tracking said.

I think 3 weeks I order the motor once work gets it together.

I am working on the boat models cap now. That is a hair puller LOL.

I keep looking at the boat with this warmish weather. Wishing the yard would dry up. So I could lay on the ground and sand the trailer for painting. I need to see what it wrong with the trailers one brake light to. Looks like a broken wire.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
boat your size i would think a 19 pitch x14.75 would be sweet spot , but then eh rpm will telll the story :) i put a 21 pitch on my other boat and it wouldnt rev over 3k

chevymaher

Commander
Thank you for the recommendation. It is duly noted and be the next one I buy.

I did research and most boats factory with a 3 liter have 21 props. Nothing shows on antiques like I got. But bayliner and stingray both use it on 19 foot boats heavier than mine.

I have the SS 17 and now this one. We get er dialed in.

chevymaher

Commander
Okay I am confused. I must have done something right in a past life. This thing is perfect. I mean NOS perfect. Guy wasn't lying this thing never been used. I cant wait to get some sunglasses on and buff this thing up.

Attachments

• photo306546.jpg
    photo306546.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2

chevymaher

Commander
Update on the boat model.

I primered the cap to see how much more it needs. it be a few days week or so. But it at least is looking like a boat cap now. I robbed my sons toy car of a steering wheel for it. Dirty pool there.

Our coldest month and it is 55 degrees outside. Last year it was -2 19 high today.

Attachments

• photo306599.jpg
    photo306599.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo306600.jpg
    photo306600.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0

chevymaher

Commander
R ya gonna put a m80 in it and sail it across a puddle?:excitement:

LOL no it is going to sit with my other models in the computer room. I got a old timey sailor porcelain guy and a rowboat standing up that is actually a small set of shelves. I keep my receiver lock and keys to everything in it.

That was last years headquarters for making the interior parts.

I was going to splash it in the sink when it is done tho.

zool

Captain
A functional engine would be cool, but I looked up RC sterndrives and they almost cost as much as an Alpha! :eek:...

chevymaher

Commander
A realistic looking model just sitting in the living room. So I can wish I was out in the one in the back yard is all I am going for. It is winter and got to have something to do.

I got chevelle models and hot wheels. But nobody makes a boat like this. So got to get creative.

Broaters

Petty Officer 2nd Class
haha cool model.

I wish we are up to the step where we do model of our SeaRay :)
keep it going it looks really nice

chevymaher

Commander
Well I be on midnight boat duty sat and sunday. We getting a truckload of snow so I got to keep it off the boathouse.

I been priming the admiral for this. By next winter I am getting a metal double wide boathouse. Solve that problem. Then the boat and the truck be in it. They are a grand at a place near here.

Got the model boats pinstripes on and cap. Did the dash now i am fooling with WTF to do about side panels.

Bonus check is split in 2 and will be in the next 2 checks. So new boat motor be in the bank in a month. Yea for the home Team,

I am ready for it to warm up so I can paint my trailer now LOL.

Hey kcassels I was looking for the Tidybowl man so I could splash the boat in the toilet.

Attachments

• photo306776.jpg
    photo306776.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo306777.jpg
    photo306777.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2