Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
Well all this talk of dirty garages you all jinxed me. I spent hours and hours cleaning the garage. sons birthday is coming up and the admiral wanted the garage cleaner. No where near what kcassels considers dirty but for my garage ridiculously clean.

This morning is that goofy temp and humidity. Fog in the air dime sized water beads on everything I think they call it dew. So I heated the interior of the boat up and got the humidity out of there.

Someone posted a picture of a outdrive stand with wheels I made one of those today. I happily rolled it around all over the floor testing it out.

Attachments

• photo304901.jpg
    photo304901.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3

chevymaher

Commander
I been sick as a dog. And preparing for my sons birthday extravaganza. Wow really when I was a kid a home made cake and a present after supper was a whoop te do. I didn't need recognition from the entire family. Kids today are so spoiled there admiral baby.

My outdrive stickers finally came. Being a alpha one the have to be made by a custom graphic shop in canada. Kudos to the guy they are exactly what it had. He is the man.

I am noticing as a winter weather boater around here. I get great satisfaction and a warm feeling when I check the boat. And the cover is clean and dry.

I drive by the guy up the streets boat and just shake my head. No cover snow in it. I talked to him. Seems he is on a personal quest to destroy everyboat he can. He said he gets one and uses it a couple years. Then gets another one before the rot shows.

I mean what does a tarp cost at harbor freight 20 bucks. Throw any boater seeing this a bone. Make it look like your trying not to kill it.

bearboat.jpg

chevymaher

Commander
LOL guy must have read my post. I went by and he did indeed buy a harbor freight tarp and covered the boat.

chevymaher

Commander
Been sick then a friend past. I am over the sick. My buddy that take a while. But i was down there kicking again.

Sanded any chips and sprayed the offending areas so i can make new chips putting it on and dragging it on the bottom in the river.

I got it filled with rear end grease. Lower unit gease in the boat world. I got the drive input Ujoints on and greased.

Put the stingray back on. So she ready for spring now.

Hey kcassels this is what clean looks like in my garage LOL.

Attachments

• photo305408.jpg
    photo305408.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo305409.jpg
    photo305409.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo305410.jpg
    photo305410.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo305411.jpg
    photo305411.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey Chev... I'll take that shop any day! Sorry to hear about your friend. Seems to me over the last 2 years buds and relatives have been dropping like flies. And yes they all stay in your thoughts.
On a brighter note {not for the warm country boys} Getting my snowblower intact for the season. Just picked a good ole Craftsman 5/22 dual stage. Just went a nd picked up a used electric starter I'm gonna swap out. Starts on a 1/2 pull but I want the electric dohickey thing running.
Slow on the boat I am lately. Need a kick in the ass!

chevymaher

Commander
I know what you mean. They been going left and right here to. Makes you think wow I ain't far behind them.

LOL yea it been 20's here and I picked up salt the other day. It is coming we got lucky so far tho.

oldrem

Commander
We're surprisingly lucky here too. We accumulated over 15 inches of white crap here in November, but the two biggest storms of 6in each were when it was slightly above freezing, so only ended up with about 2in to get rid of both times. It's mostly gone now and having temps just slightly below freezing make it all bearable.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
A theory................Only the Good Die young.
Have a long life Rem and Chev, forgot about Mick and WOG, Sam and Zool... ;)
See ya when I get there. :]

chevymaher

Commander
A theory................Only the Good Die young.
Have a long life Rem and Chev, forgot about Mick and WOG, Sam and Zool... ;)
See ya when I get there. :]

All Us ol farts can do is keep following the sirens call as long as we can. And hang here and talk boats. And thank you I quit smoking for my son for just this reason. Lets all defy the odds and go boating. So the annoying fishermen and Kayaks ask Who are these ol buzzards that are making wakes on the water only "I" have the right to be on.

Is it summer yet.

Attachments

• photo305435.jpg
    photo305435.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Sorry bout your buddy chev... I've personally been going to too many funerals lately and understand... it sucks and there's really no other way to put it... good news is it usually results in people coming together and have a good laugh in celebration of life in each others company.

Broaters

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry to hear about your friend Chev. Hopefully the memories and good times spent together remains.

Goood to read you are completing your drive rebuild. I wish we could be that far on our project :)

take care

chevymaher

Commander
Thank you. On the outdrive comment. I am getting a new engine in a month or so whenever work bonuses get here.

I am working on his grand daughters car at the moment. Yes nothing but good memories. He was the best friend i ever had all my life. I talk to his wife regularly. If she needs something i am there. LOL if he was alive lets get real I would be the one doing it anyway.

The hardest part is over. It is dwindling sadness now. Not the shock of it. I got his great grand daughter a present for X Mas. she is a little sweetie. 3 Y/O. She has known me since she was born. Day after it happened I picked her up and hugged her. She said listen you. Don't you go nowhere. Well yes mam.

chevymaher

Commander
I met the new next door neighbors. He has a boat. I did my part and was the harbinger of doom. I said does it got rot. He said i don't think so but I found a couple soft spots in the floor.

I smiled looked down and shook my head. He said what. I said they rot from the bottom up if you got basketball sized soft spots it is absolutely wasted.

So down to my back yard untarped the boat and said for 2500 and a summer this is what you get. His mouth was watering LOL.

I told him I would help when he started. It is a odd name I don't remember cuddy cabin with a 100 hp outboard. It runs he was using it. That is half the battle there mech it is already sound.

chevymaher

Commander
He was actually really happy. He fixes cars and things. He was happy he met someone who did it before. He don't seem like a lazy type. They are about to put a rear end in a tahoe over there. They my kinda people. There is one of 3 brothers who lives there with his wife and kids. The other 2 brothers are there all the time through the day helping him get set up moving in.

He is already listening getting schooled how it got to be done. He seemed very excited to do it actually. He like the new look.