Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to break down and cover mine up for the Winter on Sunday. With all these days in the 40's and some nights dropping into the 20's I'm done until Spring
    - Eric

Somers, WI

Old enough to know better - but crazy enough to try anyway

Comment

• Boy Eric you DO have long winters their.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldrem View Post
        Had to break down and cover mine up for the Winter on Sunday. With all these days in the 40's and some nights dropping into the 20's I'm done until Spring
        I could have went some more. I had a good summer. And I am not wearing a coat to boat. I am real happy playing with the chevelle now. It says 27 sat here. Me and the boy been hiking by the lake it is perfect weather for that now. Every season has things to look forward to if you like doing them. And we do like everything here.

Boy is so cranked up he can't wait to play with the snow blower. I remember that age. Snow was the thing. I am older but I still enjoy my snow and ice. Building igloos. Snowmen. Winter is when you hit the pool and climb the repelling walls at the sports center.

I put in the new temp sender the other day. I put a new wheel bearing in towmater today and a alignment.

I think the boy wants to try and kill himself on a sled this year.

It about time to mulch leaves and pull bulbs, cut things to the ground. I did build a set of shelves in the corner for the boating stuff. There is a ton of it that isnt in the boat. Extra life jackets fishing and camping gear.

We had a good 24 hour rain. The new boathouse and tarps the boat is bone dry and with the new drain I put in the ground under it to.
        Dance with the waves,
        move with the sea.
        Let the rhythm of the water
        set your soul free.

1987 Four Winns 170 Horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcassells View Post
          Boy Eric you DO have long winters their.
          We have 24 hours of rain, sleet and mostly SNOW predicted starting this afternoon
          - Eric

Somers, WI

Comment

• Originally posted by oldrem View Post

We have 24 hours of rain, sleet and mostly SNOW predicted starting this afternoon
            I am with you there. it is 48 hours or rain they saying. I been putting up tarps on the new boathouse. Dont matter how much it rains snows or the wind blows it isnt getting on the boat now.
            Dance with the waves,
            move with the sea.
            set your soul free.

Comment

• Dance with the waves,
              move with the sea.
              set your soul free.

Comment

• At least he was in the correct lane. Geeezzz.

Comment

• damn i woke this mornin sitting outside with a fan and shorts on ... sweatin here in fla at 5 am
                  project: https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...r-2159-hardtop
                  Previous project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...rint-bass-boat
                  Previous previous project/conversion https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...rsion-splashed

Comment

• 16 F outside at home this morning here
                    - Eric

Somers, WI

Comment

• Ya know you are allowed to post pics.of the NICE boat your your uncle has. :**

Comment

• Okay that works. This is the boat my uncle and his brother used as kids when it was new. It has sat in the barn its whole life. It is mohagany wood. Tires are rotted off no motor. But they are both really old and his brother is selling his farm so it needs to go bye bye. He really wants to see it restored and used is why he offered it to me. I dont have room or it be in my back yard now. It has been glassed on the outside somewhere in its life. This is just so you can see it since I mentioned it.
                        Dance with the waves,
                        move with the sea.
                        set your soul free.

Comment

• Nice ! Looks restorable to me .. Hopefully someone will resurrect it !
                          That would be a nice project for a youth program like the scampy ACBS .

If no takers he might try getting in touch with the Bluegrass chapter

http://acbsbluegrasschapter.homestead.com/
                          Last edited by sphelps; December 11th, 2019, 06:12 PM.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          '64 MFG Rebuild
                          MFG forum thread https://forums.iboats.com/mfg/64-edin...ay-524708.html
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ve-the-manatee
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-restoration

Comment

• I agree. Definitely looks restorable
                            - Eric

Somers, WI

Comment

I had a split in a pleat. Machine didnt walk right and the stiches were to close. I had the seat together before woody said that was bad on someone elses post. I made new pleats took it out. Put the new piece in and reassembled the boat. Now would be the time right it isnt moving for a while.

Yea my uncle said it is beautiful looking still maybe a could pieces need replaced on the seat deals. I wanted to put a trolling motor and battery on it and use it at the lake that dont allow gas engines. But wifey said OH NO you dont got room. 4 cars and a boat was enough. I hate when they are right.
                              Dance with the waves,
                              move with the sea.
                              set your soul free.

Comment

Working...
                              X