Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Never tried a 4 blade on mine. I tried my damnedest to hit 50mph in my chap. Just wouldn’t do it. 48 was top of the top, and it was like being on ice, lol. It runs much better with the hydrofoil on and a 21” prop. Much more stable with the fin and doesn’t list on plane when my load isn’t balanced. I’m like you, just enjoying it.

chevymaher

Commander
I rebuilt the carb. It was flooding at idle. I had the idle screw set wrong. Needle and seat leaked. And the choke literally fell off.

I put in a brass float, new needle and seat solid type. Reset it all. loctite on the choke housing screws so they dont fall out. Purrs like a kitten. Idled 400 rpm higher so it liked it.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I rebuilt the carb. It was flooding at idle. I had the idle screw set wrong. Needle and seat leaked. And the choke literally fell off.

I put in a brass float, new needle and seat solid type. Reset it all. loctite on the choke housing screws so they dont fall out. Purrs like a kitten. Idled 400 rpm higher so it liked it.
Buddy of mine with the 3.0 had carb problems he was struggling with. I rebuilt the carb for him and it ran fine. At idle the exhaust would be extremely rich and it had a tough time starting. Since the carb was an older mercarb on a newer motor, he took it to the marina he bought the motor from. After three trips they found the fuel pump was leaking past the diaphragm intermittently pushing gas up the overflow flooding out the carb. That was a tough one to diagnose, but a good lesson nonetheless.

chevymaher

Commander
Well took her out. Between the carb mods/adjustments and the prop. It is a different boat. More acceleration across the board and 2 mph better top speed. Rides and corners better. It is now dialed in. Oh and the original problem of not idling after running a hour. Idles perfect.