1981 Bluefin Sportsman rebuild

Crawfish Dundee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Mission accomplished on a big baby step of the process. I just wanted to share some pics of my journey. Super marine paint, Grand Banks color, with enamel hardener applied with a 3 inch roller and quickly dry brushed. I am pleased how well it went until almost done when the roller fatigued and fuzz started pulling out. I should have changed rollers half way through as I believe the hardener compromised the roller naps integrity, imo.

Attachments

• photo277427.JPG
    photo277427.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo277428.JPG
    photo277428.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 3
  • photo277429.JPG
    photo277429.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo277430.JPG
    photo277430.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 3
  • photo277431.JPG
    photo277431.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 3

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not to worry, boats are viewed from a distance and home paint jobs are just that. I think she looks pretty good in her new dress.

fetch

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I think that paint job looks Great! Meant to get to you earlier but got caught up in work.
Nice color you picked there.:jaw:
KC

Crawfish Dundee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm back on the project! Winter is almost gone and I been thinking. I will eventually need to build counsels and I have a question of where the windshield will set on top of them. I have the windshield, but wonder if there is an aluminum track it sets it, or does it just set on top of the counsels held in position by imagination. Does anyone know?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The bottom windshield bracket has a slot in the bottom where the heads of T bolts slide in.

Oh yeah and welcome back

Crawfish Dundee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The bottom windshield bracket has a slot in the bottom where the heads of T bolts slide in.

Oh yeah and welcome back

Thanks and thanks. I'll check that out this weekend while i'm up to my Marina ( old garage at the family farm). I am going to try to get the motor on a stand and see if it will run, it has been setting three years. It has a lean pop that I need to figure out.

Crawfish Dundee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It’s been over a year and a half, but I’m on task again. I installed the floor using my boat yoga skills, and was sore and stiff in all the wrong places. I started building the councils from scratch, and have brushed them down with a Spar Urethane.
I have vinyl flooring to install, then set the councils, and then windshield.
​​​​​​​Is it councils or consoles? I can never remember. And I'm going to try to upload some pics, its not letting me at the moment, I need to figure that out too.