1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

zool

Captain
I’ve never towed with a camper before so a little nervous.. Probably no big deal ...

I have a new to me motor home I started redoing, it has a hitch....It looks to me that without a rear view mirror to see it, and being a narrower trailer, its kinda like blind towing....that backup cam will help alot imo.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just make sure you don’t stay past what your work visa allows...:rolleyes:
Got a late start . Had to go pick up the camper . They ran an hour late getting it done ..
But I did manage to get 1 coat of primer on at least .. Spraying down inside the boat bottom is a bit of a pita ! I can’t reach the bow without climbing in there so that kind of rules out back to back coats .. Kinda hard getting the gun at good angles ..
Had to use the full face mask .. Tried to wear my glasses under it but was leaking too much around the edge so I took my glasses off and shot it blind .. :violin:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ehh , turned out ok . A few grainy spots and some pin holes .. I may sand and try and roll and tip it .. I did a test spot with an old foam roller and a chips brush to see if it would lay down .. It seemed. lay down ok ...
890B4153-A9C5-44C2-AAF9-F41A4DC190EA.jpeg80112992-E4FE-4345-A9AA-437642C45F41.jpeg

I do like the color though ..
Can I use engine gunk cleaner on the old speeditwin ?
Or a pressure washer ?

Attachments

• 42F0FF6B-E619-442B-8B19-7D049FD48A6B.jpeg
    42F0FF6B-E619-442B-8B19-7D049FD48A6B.jpeg
    696.3 KB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Funny the pics make the paint look grey ..It’s way more brown than the pics show ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys she ain’t perfect but much better than when I drug it home I guess .. Drinking coffee pondering my next few moves .. Still have to put a coat or two of varnish on the seat benches .
Build the floor decking , finish lights and rollers on the trailer , fit boat and adjust bunks and winch post .
Clean up and install the hardware, install seats , cleanup motor ...
I’m sure there is more ...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Sam, She is looking like you Knew what you were doing!!:eek: To clean the motor I'd use tome TSP in a garden sprayer and soak her down 2-3 times. Then Power wash her. You have NO IDEA how envious I am that you have a Wooden Boat!! If I live long enuf, maybe I can live up to my name and finally build a WoodOnGlass boat!!!!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Sam, the boat looks great.

I myself like to use the foamy engine cleaner for the first gunk removal or two, then liberal amounts of green stuff and a scrub brush. pressure washer may remove paint.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sam, She is looking like you Knew what you were doing!!:eek: To clean the motor I'd use tome TSP in a garden sprayer and soak her down 2-3 times. Then Power wash her. You have NO IDEA how envious I am that you have a Wooden Boat!! If I live long enuf, maybe I can live up to my name and finally build a WoodOnGlass boat!!!!

it's time to get 1 Mike!