1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I’m thinking it was added by someone to aid pulling and retrieving the cable . To sort of balance the handle to make it spin
easier/ faster .

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
That is a possibility I guess ... I can put a wrench on the other side and try to turn it . I can see that it is a separate piece from the shaft ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Dr hit the nail on the head! Sometimes it takes someone that hasn’t been huffing varnish for a couple weeks to point to the obvious.. :facepalm: .
Lefty loosey Zool .. B0226C85-D538-4EEB-904C-1F1268E69B4D.jpeg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
you know one of those pressure washing sandblasters would take all that paint off in about 30 minutes ... :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Pressure washing sand blaster ... I don’t think I’ve seen one of those ..
All I have left to strip is the winch post , the wheels , and the axle ...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i have one that hooks to a pressure washer , works awesome , so next project it might be worth the ride to come get it:)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
mtm is who makes the coolest part is you can use regular sand the cheap stuff from hd because its wet no worry of cancer :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Micky I think I could use that in the garage after today’s mishap .. :facepalm:
Somehow , and I plan on blaming the dog , my whole gallon of build primer got emptied on the floor . It was in a box that was on top of a box .. I must have nudged the box while I was grabbing a face shield off the shelf . It didn’t fall at the time so that’s why I’m blaming the dog for knocking it over the rest of the way . :suspicious: :dog:
‘Luckily that was all I lost other than printed instructions and thank god I still had the plastic wall around the boat . :eek:
‘It splattered up on the plastic a good bit so I know it would have splattered on the boat for sure ..
I guess I’ll fork out another 75 bucks for some more primer ..

zool

Captain
Oh man, that sucks.....if u do a good fairing job, you can skip the build primer and just paint over the epoxy primer...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Sam I didn't get the cup lid on good when spraying the sealer on Miss Morgan. Went to pick it up off the bench and dumped a quart everywhere! Had to calm down a bit, then went after it....sprayed the sealer, two colors of paint and clear that day...but was I pissed when I dumped that quart! It happens, I kind of laugh about it now! Ugh what we go through for these boats! :D:D:D

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
hey thank god it was only floor , id cried if had been the boat that got washed with it.

oldrem

Commander
My worst was one batch of paint I had all mixed with thinner and hardener. Let it sit per instructions and went to pour it into the gun cup. I didn't have the filter funnel centered and ended up with it tipping over covering the gun, Workmate that was holding the gun, the driveway and my painting suit/shoes etc. After cleaning up the mess I was finally ready to stop cursing.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well my bissest mishap did involve dogs and trying to catch them before they tracked it all through house luckily tile was brand new so easily cleaned :)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I had a pressure gun blow its cup seal and spew $250 a quart pearl white paint all over a freshly painted Chevelle and the shop when I was laying stripes about 30 years ago..... there probably still is an indentation in the drywall that looks like a devilbiss pressure gun and regulator. Dad just handed me a beer and said..."you better get that cleaned off before ya gotta repaint the whole car."

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yeah I usually do stupid stuff when I’m really tired .. Yesterday was one of those days .. 💩
It happens ....:watermelon:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Making Tee Nee wind chimes under the shelter .. Hanging parts and pieces to do some priming tomorrow..
Sand knats came out with the warm weather ! :mad-new:
Gunna try hard to get the trailer painted and ready to put together this week . Anyone have an instruction manual for a Tee Nee ? :lol:
Ran across this guys channel . I’ve only watched a few videos . Pretty cool ! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ympYv5i8ER4&time_continue=1124