1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Looks great Sam! I like the yellow! On the wax, some paints like an off gas time before they are waxed. Not sure on the paint you used. The automotive paint I use likes a couple weeks. I always replace hardware too, it a nice touch......and you can spend a fortune on hardware, ask me how I know lol! I think I sponsored the remodel at my local Ace!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Idk , all I know is I’ve been sanding on something for the last 3 or 4 hours ... Sanding is really starting to get old .LOL! Arch just been using the ppg Delfleet Essential single stage PU ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Mike ! Picked up the tires today along with all new bearings . Cleaned and painted the hubs so tomorrow I can install the hubs and probably mount the tires .. Gotta pick up some more bolts from Fastenal .. I have made the decision to not use the rollers and install bunks instead .. I may still use the very back rollers because they should stop right under the transom ...
Also you guessed it ! More sanding ! Coat #9 coming up on the topside .. Gunna be right down to the wire to get done ..
At least done enough to show ..

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
cant wait to see the boat again, don't make me come up with a excuse to halfta drive all the way up there again :)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
The stress of listening to you talk about the deadline is getting to me! Lol, Keep up the work Sam, you'll get there!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Do we need to take a pole ?
Right now just making it functional.. So I put the shocks on this afternoon .. I don’t know much how these should work .
What I have is bolted on using just lock / flat washers and reg nuts .. The originals were the wrong size so it had some custom brackets on there that I did not need to use . But was short 2 spacers to keep the shocks off the springs and frame . A larger nut just slipped on there worked well for the missing spacers . I probably should find the right size nylock type nuts eventually instead of the lock washers .Idk ..
It looks like I have about 3 inches of travel on the shocks both ways after it’s mounted . Does that sound about right ?
And here is pic Kc ....

C2838B16-A1E1-4305-9AFE-024DEDEB8B66.jpegE15D7C61-49B4-4507-9569-345763A84F1B.jpeg