1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The caps and stickers are kinda expensive . I’ll probably just paint them ... Micky I’ll make sure I paint them evenly so they don’t get out of balance.. Picked some ss nuts bolts and washers for the installation . And I registered for the Dora show before the March 1rst rate hike today . So now I gotta get it presentable ..Lol !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
https://www.google.com/search?q=tee+...84KhwGRTsg2FHM
....Not exactly my trailer but close .. Started mounting the springs this afternoon .. Brilliant me tightens the second one Dow too tight and wrings the stud off the axle .. :mad-new::mad-new::mad-new:
Quite a few choice words were spoken and 1 ratchet slung across the yard .. After the calm down period I drug Chris out of the house and he rewelded it for me .. Hard to tell when to stop and getting a wrench in there latter will not be easy ...

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
points if you nailed something with said wrench :) hate days like that carry on man!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

Error

Error information: " 500 error Internal Server Error"

This what I get a lot of lately

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Ah the joys of wrenching. the 50 yard wrench toss usually clams me down.....assuming the wrench doesn't hit anything important :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Fortunately no damage caused by said flying wrench .. Lol ! I got my act together a little after work today and got a little bit done ... And I would post some pics but the little paper clip doo dad is not working for me .. not sure if it’s the sight or this crappy tablet I’m on ..

fishrdan

Admiral
I'm not a fan of "yeller", but have to admit that's a sharp looking trailer, nice work!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I think I would leave those tires as wet black. Nice accents those gloss black brings out underneath.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
beautiful, is it just me or do you get a warm fuzzy feeling installing brand new hardware on a trailer, :) i always feel good looking at my trailer and thinking damn those bolts look good :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys ! This was a big step getting ready to take her down state for the show .. Luckily I have Buck on speed dial to pick his brain on how some of the parts go together .. Fishr , yeah yellow is not really my go to color either but it is the Tee Nee trademark so I decided to keep it original . Kc , If I do the whitewalls then I could paint the shocks white to match ! Tires are coming in Monday so once we get them mounted I’ll decide then ...Keeping them black would make it easier to keep clean though .. Micky, I’m reaplacing as much of the old nuts and bolts as possible with stainless . Spent about 75 bucks at Fastenal the other day .. Started putting things together yesterday and realized the guy gave me the wrong length bolts . To short . So it’s 3 o’clock yesterday . I can make it there before they close at 5 .. Jumped in the truck and made it just outside the gate by the time I realized that it was Saturday and they are closed .. LOL!! So I’m just fitting things together with some of the old rusty bolts for now ...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
since this trailer is going to be shown, I suggest you leave it black.

I also suggest you wax the snot out of it to keep road grime from sticking

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yeah Scott I will give it a good wax before I put the boat on it . But I found a few holidays in my paint that I will re-coat first .
Thats what I get painting late afternoons when the light is bad ...