Rubbed the wrong way....

Parrothead71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I was looking at the 69 Crestliner I bought and something just didn't look right.
BING!......the rub rail is gone...completely.

So how do I know which one to buy? I did some looking last night and found there are lots of designs out there.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
OMG I hope you are sitting down. Rub rail and the insert are two of the most expensive items you can buy for any boat hull. First you have to determine what type you like. There are lots of different styles but they all are installed basically the same way. Then you have to decide what insert you want. That too comes in many styles and a few colors as well. But it is costly and the shipping is too. Iboats may even sell them on here. So search the boat parts section and see. But rub rail and inserts are sold at a lot of places on the net. Do a general search and see. But be warned, your pocketbook will take a huge hit. :sorry: JMHO

Parrothead71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
OMG I hope you are sitting down. Rub rail and the insert are two of the most expensive items you can buy for any boat hull. First you have to determine what type you like. There are lots of different styles but they all are installed basically the same way. Then you have to decide what insert you want. That too comes in many styles and a few colors as well. But it is costly and the shipping is too. Iboats may even sell them on here. So search the boat parts section and see. But rub rail and inserts are sold at a lot of places on the net. Do a general search and see. But be warned, your pocketbook will take a huge hit. :sorry: JMHO

Well that just sucks.
I was looking at the side of the rail and it looks like the rail with the tracks is actually a part of the boat, maybe all I need is the new insert part. I'll try to post pictures later.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well that just sucks.
I was looking at the side of the rail and it looks like the rail with the tracks is actually a part of the boat, maybe all I need is the new insert part. I'll try to post pictures later.

Well that cold be great news. It is a lot cheaper and less expensive to ship just the insert. Post a picture or three for us to see what you are dealing with and we can offer the best ideas and suggestions.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
PH71 It really helps the members to follow your project IF you keep all yours posts concerning your project in one Thread. The forum Rules and guidelines request that you do this. From the pic in your original thread It appears that the Rail is there you just need the insert.

Parrothead71

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If that worked you will see the "built in" rub rail minus the insert portion.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
It's extremely difficult to know exactly the profile of RR insert you need without having one to compare. Now if you had an old Starcraft I know exactly the profile you'd be needing. ;) Your best bet is if someone who has a similar Crestliner can tell you what profile your boat uses.

We Starcraft'rs order the inserts from Wefco Rubber, you have to call them to make an order but they're super nice people to deal with.