stringer

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
I am afraid this is not much details at all for anyone to attempt to help you and give you a sound advice. Post pictures - a lot of them - to help us see what are you dealing with. is it all rotted or just the stern section? What did you do to verify its condition? Tell us the story m8 :)

jmtrotter

Cadet
I'm I'm still trying to figure out the picture taking thing I'm new at this technology

jmtrotter

Cadet
No Title

Attachments

• photo250912.jpg
    photo250912.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo250913.jpg
    photo250913.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo250914.jpg
    photo250914.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo250915.jpg
    photo250915.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo250916.jpg
    photo250916.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0

jmtrotter

Cadet
I think I think I'm in way over my head watching other people online make it look so easy

jmtrotter

Cadet
No Title

Attachments

• photo250923.jpg
    photo250923.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo250924.jpg
    photo250924.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo250927.jpg
    photo250927.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
No offense but if you want us to take the time to try to hlep you solve your problem , you should take the time to try to explain it. Pictures are not in the correct orientation, no annotations to highlight what captured your eyes and gave you the perception that you have a problem and your description is too succinct to be useful to us. Even 911 operator will ask for more details if you just called them to say "help"

Obviously you are in a panic mode right now. My first recommendation would be to do whatever you normally do to shake it off. First and foremost the boat did not sink, it is in your drive way. Even if it did, you and your family are not on it and that is all that matters. Secondly, there is absolutely no damage in a fiberglass boat that can't be fixed. Third, the hull will not shift just because you cut a stringer unless the boat sits on a roller trailer and a roller is directly under the cut. Even if this was the case, it is easily corrected by jacking up the boat slightly off the trailer and support it.

After you cool off, come back and tell us what are you trying to do.

What is your plans for the boat, do you see you & yours keeping her for a while?
What do you know about the boat? In other words, what motivated you to start cutting through her... what was the problem?

What is your budget and how far you are willing to go with the restoration efforts?

Finally, rest assured that no matter what the problem is, as long as you are committed to fix it, you will have no shortage of good advice and directions on how to accomplish that.

Last edited:

jmtrotter

Cadet
I apologize the boat is a 1976 Wellcraft v20 steplift I fell in love with the hull because when I was growing up in Miami my dad had a marine upholstery shop and I fell in love with boats grew up married moved away had 3 kids found the boat was for $1,500 and that was the boat trailer motor everything I used it for 2 years and I decided to rebuild the motor because I had a knock pulled the motor out and it was cleaning up and I noticed there's a break in the boot on the intermediate housing so I took the boot off and saw the transom was rotted out thought I could just replace the transom but as I cut the transom I noticed the engine mounts were rotted out to I really love this but I was hoping to keep it and give it to my son and his son thank you Deep blue

jmtrotter

Cadet
Lol....Deep Blue...thank you, this is his wife. loved the 911 analogy. Guess I'm going to have to try to help him explain himself better. He is good at a lot of things except Internet postings and asking the right questions. let me see what I can do to help him streamline the help he is looking for.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Lol....Deep Blue...thank you, this is his wife. loved the 911 analogy. Guess I'm going to have to try to help him explain himself better. He is good at a lot of things except Internet postings and asking the right questions. let me see what I can do to help him streamline the help he is looking for.

Nice meeting you Admiral.

So the boat has some degree of sentimental value and both of you agreed on fixing and keeping her for years to come. That is very good, some cadets with restoration problem add ?convincing the admiral? to the top of the to-do list and sometimes it is a deal breaker. Glad we have this out of the way.

Now, what did he mean by ?Think I messed up cut the floor and it's seems the shell moved?? in post number 7?

Is something doesn?t look like how it should? If he can edit the photo and highlight the issue that doesn'?t look right to him, this would be very useful. Something like this (keep in mind it is totally made up, I am not highlighting anything of real concern in the picture, just trying to give an example) image_250913.jpg

We will also need an overall picture of her from the outside and the inside and from different angles. Is she on a trailer? If so, roller Roller trailer.jpg

or bunk trailer? Bunk Trailer.jpg

I understand the transom was shot but what about the stringers and the deck, were these shot to? Fully or partially? In other words, just near the transom or all over?

Last edited:

jmtrotter

Cadet
Here are some more pic of the wellcraft.I tried to get pic of the stringers and the deck. As you can see the transom was shot and so where the motor mounts.The boat only sets on to blanks on the trailer.

jmtrotter

Cadet
Thank you 58fordf250. I watched just about all of Friscoboater vids thats what gave me the will to do the rebuild