convert jet boat to outboard, can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snouch

Seaman Apprentice
Had my first attempt. Boat sits perfect in water. I thought maybe with the weight hanging of the back the boat would be lower in the back and high in the front. But my first try in the lake and my motor had misfiring. But i noticed theres a delay in turning. When i turn the steering about 1 second after the boat turns. But turns real quick.lol
But i got home and changed the coil.motor is running good. Will try another go at it this weekend

Snouch

Seaman Apprentice
Took it back out on the water last week. I'm very happy with the outcome. Boat plains fine. Handles good. I tryed to upload pictures to this forum but keep getting error messages.

Ned L

Commander
Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I think everyone would like to see some pictures.

Snouch

Seaman Apprentice
I'm going to upload a link to youtube with pics of the process. For some reason i can't upload pics to this forum. I also have a short video.

Bondo

Staff member
Hmmmmm,..... No splash-well,..??

Ya better slow down, slowly,...
The back-splash will sink yer boat, without a splash-well,....

PocoDan

Recruit
Hey Snouch, are you still around? I'd like to ask you about the conversion. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hey Snouch, are you still around? I'd like to ask you about the conversion. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.
Snooch hasnt been on iboats in over 3yrs.

Not likely to reply

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.