Starcraft floor replacement questions: plywood vs. aluminum

fieldlark

Recruit
I have a 95 StarCraft Fishmaster 190 with a couple of loose spots on the floor. When I get more time I will peel off the floor cover and examine it more closely but assume that I'll end up replacing the floor. I've read about using marine grade plywood with epoxy coating and probably replacing the foam underneath as well. I haven't read anything about the merits of replacing the plywood with aluminum flooring, like diamond plate or something. Is it a price thing? or a flexibility/strength thing? I'm kind of dreading starting the project, having to take out the windshield, side boards, livewell and other stuff. Also, once into it, is it recommended to sand and paint the inside of the hull? The boat doesn't leak at present although I occasionally find some water when I pull the plug but it's only when I'm using the live well so I've siliconed all the edges inside the live well. If I go with marine plywood, is what I can order through home depot sufficient? (65.00 per sheet for 3/4). Any suggestions would be welcome.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
I think for most its the cost thing. And going aluminum changes how things will fit going back in due to the thickness. A good exterior grade wood sealed right will work just as well as the marine grade IMO.