1971 Glastron V163 Restoration

Wolfe64

Petty Officer 3rd Class
SO a while back I bought this boat with the intention of restoring it to a former glory.
I did get started in it a few weeks ago and intended to do a Resto thread so here it is.
This I think will take me longer than I had originally planned due to Mrs. Wolfe being diagnosed with breast cancer and recently starting chemo treatments so my time to work on this may be limited somewhat.
Make no mistake about it, she wants this boat done just as bad or worse than I do so I am going to try my best to work on it.

Attachments

• photo246890.jpg
    photo246890.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0

Wolfe64

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Next was to vacuum out the inside

Then I built a cradle so that the boat was closer to the floor off the trailer and supported better so I could split the hull to get to all the wood that needs to be taken out.
The cradle is on 6 casters and I can easily spin the boat 360 degrees in my garage.
I need to install a few braces up the side of the hull before I take the top off.

Mark

Last edited:

Wolfe64

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I mounted the 100 HP Johnson on the engine stand I bought for $20
I did hook all the electrics back up while it was on the stand, hooked up a battery and turned the key and the starter spun the motor over.

I need to find a wiring diagram for this motor so I can see what everything does here.

I have a high garage ceiling and am thinking of suspending the top from it as I really have nowhere else to put it.
So the next phase of the plan is to finish some more bracing of the hull, split it and hang the top from the garage ceiling.
Somewhere in there I need to get a gas tank and fuel line for a Johnson and see if I can get this thing to fire.

Ever Forward

Mark