Small hole/crack in hull please help!

Eddiev63

Recruit
I have recently purchased a 1998 ski Sanger v210 about a month ago and when I was going under the boat to put my fake-a-lake on, I found this hole/crack. It's white and it feels kinda hard and kinda soft, it's definitely not the gel coat. I'm a first time boat owner and would like to know exactly what I'm dealing with and how I should go about it! Thanks in advance for any replies!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 1

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
looks like a chunk taken out do you have acess to inside? if so you would want to repair from inside out however I would get a professional to repair it if you don't have those skills in the long run you will have more piece of mind.
if you attempt yourself first thing I would do is figure out if its dry if not then wrap boat in plastic and stick a dehumidifier inside for a day or 3 then attempt repair

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
It kind of looks like it used to be a gel coat blister and the gel came off exposing the glass underneath. Doesn't really look like impact damage to me.

fetch

Eddiev63

Recruit
I don't believe its impact damage because it's right next to where the drive for the prop comes out and there's nothing next to it that would indicate impact. Is there anything I can do myself to repair the gel coat?