1986 Bayliner Trophy Rebuild Help

MRConant

Recruit
Hey everyone, new poster here to iboats but long time follower, you guys are great!

Back story: I purchased this 19' clunker off a buddy only because I could pay him over time and I knew the engine was sound. My plan is to tear out the wet foam, fix the leak where ever it may be, fix the transom and repaint if patients allows.

To save from being just another newbie asking newbie questions, I rather ask what is the best build thread that you know of. I'm confident in my ability, it's just learning all the glassing in's and out's that worries me and I rather not pester you guys. I've followed countless threads from woodonglass, Arawak, jasoutside, and a thousand others but sometimes the threads go for 100+ pages and not to mention the computers of the bank I work at don't show half the pictures.

Areas of interest are everything fiberglass, transoms, floors, tools that made life easy, and anything else you think I should edumacate myself on. I really don't want to nor care to make this better then factory, it's a starter boat and I do not want to throw too much money at it (bet you haven't heard that before lol)

I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions and maybe tips on how to navigate threads that are huge to find pertinent info.

Thank you in advance!

MRConant

Recruit
Awesome! Thank you, that was one of the first builds I followed but couldn't find recently!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
love that boat , post some pics I wanted to find one but then I couldn't that wasn't a outboard, I'm a I/o or inboard fan myself.