Maybe someone knows what year she is?

ColoradoMom

Cadet
I recently acquired this boat, it's completely gutted, but from what I can see the body of the boat is complete and has no damage.

I believe it's a starcraft, but it has NO HIN, no title, nothing to help me try and identify it, so was wondering if maybe someone had an idea of year or model.

I am looking to restore it. But I am very uneducated in these matters. I know a few things about lumber and fiberglass, I feel I will do just fine, but I'd like to start off with a year of at all possible! I know these pictures aren't great, if anyone needs more specific pics let me know.

Any ideas or recommendations on how to restore her, are gladly received. I'm very excited to have this as my summer project!

Thanks,
C

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1466573517375.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466573517375.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1466573509434.jpg
    FB_IMG_1466573509434.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
Somewhere around a 1964 model. Just a guess :). Search, pictures of 1960's Starcraft on the internet.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
:welcome: to iboats Co Mom!

Keep in mind I'm a tinner and most of those glass boats look alike to me, but I was thinking late 60's to early 70's for a year. That wide flat @ the rim @ the hull/cap seam makes me think it's not a SC. That rim made me think of a Pipestone but the pronounced V in the bow and highish soft chine made me think AeroCraft, Neither of which I could find a picture that matched the rim though.

Is there anything on your paperwork for the boat?

ColoradoMom

Cadet
:welcome: to iboats Co Mom!

Keep in mind I'm a tinner and most of those glass boats look alike to me, but I was thinking late 60's to early 70's for a year. That wide flat @ the rim @ the hull/cap seam makes me think it's not a SC. That rim made me think of a Pipestone but the pronounced V in the bow and highish soft chine made me think AeroCraft, Neither of which I could find a picture that matched the rim though.

Is there anything on your paperwork for the boat?

Unfortunately there is no paperwork. The boat was given to me by a friend who had it for years, but didnt know anything about it. They inherited when their dad passed I believe, and it was just sitting on their property.

The boat, to me, resembles a Starcraft voyager. But the body towards the rear has some feathered beveling. The windshield does have a sticker in the lower corner that says eagle, but that very well could have been placed there by anyone!

This is my first boat, and I really know nothing about it, also I live in CO, so the expertise here is far and few between. After sleeping on it, I have come to terms that I will probably never know! So now I'm trying to figure out where to start to get her restored!

I will look into the other boats you sugested! Thank You!

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Then the first step is to get in touch with whatever government agency in CO handles boat registration and licensing to obtain the necessary paperwork on it to make it legally yours.

Until then sit in it and Vroom all you want but don't do any more.

ColoradoMom

Cadet
Then the first step is to get in touch with whatever government agency in CO handles boat registration and licensing to obtain the necessary paperwork on it to make it legally yours.

Until then sit in it and Vroom all you want but don't do any more.

I've already contacted CO parks and wildlife, CO doesn't title boats, and the numbers on the front didn't come back to any registration in the past 10 years, so the bill of sale is all that is required to prove legal ownership and then an inspection will get the boat registered. Was suggested I save my money in registering the boat until we're ready to put her in the water, seeing as it might not be until next year.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Just so your armed with information. a free boat in need of restoration is usually a really expensive boat. From your other post, it appears that the floor and stringers have already been cut out. I did not see a motor with the boat either.

based on the size of the boat, and having done a few restorations, my take on it is as follows:

PPE and misc supplies - $200
repair the hull - wood, fiberglass materiels, etc. - $800
good running motor and controls - $1000
Interior - $1000
Steering cable and helm - $220
Wiring, lights, etc - $150
Radio - $100

Estimate about 400-500 hours of work

ColoradoMom

Cadet
Just so your armed with information. a free boat in need of restoration is usually a really expensive boat. From your other post, it appears that the floor and stringers have already been cut out. I did not see a motor with the boat either.

based on the size of the boat, and having done a few restorations, my take on it is as follows:

PPE and misc supplies - $200
repair the hull - wood, fiberglass materiels, etc. - $800
good running motor and controls - $1000
Interior - $1000
Steering cable and helm - $220
Wiring, lights, etc - $150
Radio - $100

Estimate about 400-500 hours of work

That is about roughly what I assumed would need to be spent. I am in no real hurry, but I am excited! As a stay at home mom I have all the time in the world, lol