1987 Sea Ray Seville II to be resurrected!

New parts arrived today! It's like Christmas!

New fuel pump, bilge blower and hose. Picked up some new spark plugs from the local auto parts store a few days ago. My new marine battery cables are on back-order, but for now going to use the automotive wires to get things fired up and running on muffs in the driveway. Have been working on the engine and not on the demo as I still have to add some supports to for the hull. There happen to be some nice holes in the trailers that I can add bunks to.
The goal for this week:
1. Engine running and tuned
2. Bunks built and installed
3. Trailer wiring completed, new lights installed, new wheels and shoes on the trailer

Once the supports are finished, the demo can continue quickly. Anyone have any recommendations on suppliers for fiberglass supplies?

Chadomosis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey all, I'm back at it again. Got the new floor all layed out and ready to cut on a CNC. Just waiting for my quality plywood to be delivered.

Panoguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've been running the numbers on raising the floor. Purely from an engineering standpoint. By my measurements, raising the deck by 4" changes the righting moment (the heel angle as it corresponds to the greatest righting moment) of my boat by less than 0.5 of a degree. For my beam width, this is the equivalent to about a half a tank of gas (around 65 lbs). For inertia or kinetic energy to undermine that particular righting moment, the boat would have to travelling at over 50 knots with an additional 800 lbs over empty weight, and be exceeding 55 degree heel angle. Which is possible, given skiing/tubing etc... It's also possible with the deck at factory height. Soggy foam, number of people on board, coolers etc all affect this more than raising the floor 4". Still on the fence.

I too went thru the "should I raise the floor or not... I raised mine. Progress on my Sea Ray Seville has been slow, & the boat seems to be fighting me with regard to getting finished - but I'm determined. I'm also re-powering mine with a 5.7L V8 (Pulled the 2.5L 4), so it should pull skiers up very quickly! New engine runs great (total rebuild), but last night I discovered that my Y pipe (exhaust) doesn't match my outdrive. Yee-haw!!