1988 glastron z17 floor replacement

Tinman78

Seaman
I just bought a 1988 glastron z17 on a 2 year old shorelander trailer with a 125 force on the back for $700. The middle section of the floor is gone and I have 3 sheets of 5/8 zip panel left over from a roofing job and I'm wondering if it is guaranteed to be on a roof uncovered for 10 years as long as the seams are taped why it wouldn't work on a boat floor? So far all I have found wrong with it is that the floor is bad, the trim/tilt motor is shot, and the 24 gal in hull gas tank is completely full of 4 year old gas. And I know the force motors don't have the best rep for lasting so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
How was the boat stored for the past several years? What caused the deck to go bad? Boats of this vintage (28yrs old) tend to ROT from the bottom up, sooooo, if the deck has bad spots, chances are that the stringers, bulkheads, motor mounts and transom could have issues as well. A thorough and invasive inspection is warranted IMHO!! Core samples of ALL the above is your best bed to KNOW for sure their condition.

Tinman78

Seaman
It was stored outside and the snow and ice and rain basically ruined the floor. I stripped all the wood out down to the fiberglass.

Tinman78

Seaman
Also found alot of water in the gas tank. Like 10-15 gallons of it. Called the previous owner and he said he forgot to pull the plug a couple years ago and left it in all winter and it filled the boat with water.....