1985 beachcraft cruiser floor replacement

I bought this boat as a cheap turn key boat with some minor restoration (upholstery and carpet need replacing).

Most of the floor is great, but under the storage compartment I noticed the floor was cracked all the way down, seems there was some water that got into the bilge but didn't have the plug removed for drainage.

The section of floor was toast so I cut it out, now I want to repair that section, it seems that it is separated from the other areas and is mostly a drainage channel.

Should this be re-fiberglassed and sealed or can I just lay down some plywood over and call it a day.

http://imgur.com/QSpJ47c

Last edited:
It's actually a Reinell 215c , on the pink slip it says beachcraft but on the side plate it has reinell.

pckeen

Commander
What goes on top of the floor in this spot normally? The photos make it look like you simply cut through a thin layer of fiberglass.

It had carpet over it, then a 4ft x 2ft carpeted piece leveled the floor with the deck

It's a storage area.

Last edited:
I found that the cover had a hole in it right above the fuel tank and there was a pool of water that formed behind it, that's the only rot, both sides where the fuel tank is held.

Best way to go about replacing that area?