Chrysler Charger transom repair

Glaze71

Seaman Apprentice
Ok I don't have stringers. Seems the flotation foam holds the floor and IS the structural integrity. Google even brought me back to a couple threads on this forum where my type of boat was torn apart just to find out the same. The only wood is in front of the transom which is a rather small box where the pump was removed from. That will get replaced. The floor is dry and sturdy. The only thing I need to get right is putting the skin on a new transfom and securing it so it's well beyond safe. The first foot of the floor will be replaced at the back and reinforced to the transom from the inside. Am I on the right track?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I agree. My research tells me the same thing...http://www.allpar.com/old/boats-1969.php
Once you remove the interior deck and check to see if the foam is waterlogged(i'm betting it is) If it is, it will all need to be dug out and replaced. then the transom built and installed as shown in the links previously posted. Hopefully you saved the cut out outer skin so it can be repaired and re-used. Once it's stuck back on and the cosmetic glass work is done on the outside you can then re-build the bilge box and then replace the deck and re-foam the hull.