Big wooden boat project [Splashed Sept 2017]

Ned L

Commander
She was built in the late 1930's or very early 1940's, not really sure.

She is fairly basic lapstrake construction, though the type of boat (Jersey speed skiff) is a flat bottom boat, so there is no "keel" as such. She just has that wide keel plank. Her construction is a bit different than 'usual' for a wood speed skiff of the day.

This shows a more typical bottom construction for a Jersey speed skiff

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

1300915_Suds_33-2-L.jpg

zool

Captain
Now we're talkin Ned!...would love to see you get that Jersey gal back in the water......

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Great story, great pictures and a great video! Always like to hear about your trips. Thanks for posting them. Keep 'em coming. Such a variety of places to visit out there. I showed the wife the last video. She said "Ummm.. Nope! we wont be doing that!" Party pooper! :)

Cheers....................Todd

Ned L

Commander
Hey, ........ Just thought I'd throw up some highlight pictures from the past year. We made lots of good memories with

some memorable trips. The longest one being almost 400 miles round trip when I took her back down to the Jersey shore for 5 days (nine day trip total). The biggest issue being a set of ignition points that decided to let go at the end of one day (spares on board). Also got over to Mystic Seaport a number of times. Block Island in the fall and Greenport-Shelter Island- Coecles Harbor on Long Island. Picked up a best "owner restoration" acknowledgement at the Antique and Classic Boat Rendezvous at Mystic Seaport. Already looking forward to this spring!
I hope everyone is doing well!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The inventor of the "Segway" owns this island.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The UN world headquarters

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuCiUYNYjs

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ned you always come back with the most amazing photos ! Thanks for sharing them !
Congrats on the Best Of Show award well deserved !

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Awesome summer cruise, thanks for the ride along! :thumb:

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Looks light some beautiful days on the water. Congrats on the "Best owner restoration"! Well deserved.

Cheers.....................Todd