Bayliner Restoration

Luke512

Recruit
Hi all,

So recently a friend and I purchased a boat that was in somewhat rough shape (or at least that's how it seems to be to me). We plan on doing a complete restoration of it. On first walk through we noticed a few soft spots on the deck, one of which felt like stepping on wet cardboard.

I am completely new at this, and beyond watching some basic project videos on YouTube, am a complete rookie at this. But as far as commitment goes, I am 100% in on making sure this is done right.

Ideally I would like to try and find specs or something similar, but being a boat from the mid 80's (or at least I assume it is) that seems like it will be a tough task. Research on this has led me nowhere, but I figured this would be the perfect place to get info. I have attached a few pictures, hoping to be guided in the right direction.

Many Thanks!

-Luke

Attachments

• photo322774.jpg
    photo322774.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo322775.jpg
    photo322775.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo322776.jpg
    photo322776.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo322777.jpg
    photo322777.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 2

Scott06

Vice Admiral
An OMC stringer plus a rotted floor which likely means rotted transom and stringers is walk away

Unfortunately it will not be worth the money and time u out in and drive parts are obsolete

chevymaher

Commander
Go on facebook there a guy there cusses mercruisers and thinks OMC is the cummins diesel of outdrives.

Just take a million pictures and print them. Mark the dimensions on them. Measure twice cut once is the saying. Millions of measurements of everything each other. Live it up. You will be happy you did going together.

If you like it go for it. They are very simple once you understand and get into doing it.

No Boat is ever worth what you put into it. But look at it the right way. For a boat that is basically new. And you intend to wear it back out. It is pennies on the dollar for what you pay for a usable boat.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
omc are getting harder to find parts for , its a large task but if you really like the boat , go for it , personally if engine runs it wouldn't be too hard since its a total rehab to change out to volvo or mercruiser out drive from a different boat.