Unleaded 88 Gas.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sounds good doesn't it. Not high test or mid-grade, but a touch above 87 octane.

If you value your old or even new outboard, don't fall for it. Unleaded 88 is the marketing name of E-15 and a shabby ploy.

Read the labels on the pump before filling up.

From Gas Buddy;

Unleaded 88 is approved for any vehicle manufactured since 2001, but if you have a car that is older than 2001, you should not use Unleaded 88. Also, some small engines, such as lawnmowers, motorcycles and snowmobiles are not recommended for higher blend fuels like Unleaded 88.

Look at a pump with this junk. The E-30 has a warning, but not the Unleaded 88;

unlead88.png

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The Oil Robber Barons will stoop to anything to push that Ethanol garbage

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
my gas. :)

Attachments

• photo319844.jpg
    photo319844.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
both NMMA and OPEI are trying to keep E15 away to the point they will test your fuel if you have a warranty failure.

Kawasaki found that a bunch of E10 pumps in Alabama actually had E30 in them when there was a rash of outdoor power equipment engine failures back a few years ago.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
The Oil Robber Barons will stoop to anything to push that Ethanol garbage

Um....last time I checked, Ethanol is not a petroleum product.

Those "Oil Robber Barons" which I take to mean Oil Companies such as Chevron, Exxon, Arco and the like, would actually have higher profits if ethanol were to disappear from gasoline.

That would be a good thing since many people have stock in those companies in their IRAs, 401Ks, Retirement funds, and other investments.

While I would like to see ethanol removed from gasoline for a variety of (mostly operational) reasons I still want those "Robber Barons" to make money.

The Force power

Commander
Sounds good doesn't it. Not high test or mid-grade, but a touch above 87 octane.

If you value your old or even new outboard, don't fall for it. Unleaded 88 is the marketing name of E-15 and a shabby ploy.

Read the labels on the pump before filling up.

From Gas Buddy;

Look at a pump with this junk. The E-30 has a warning, but not the Unleaded 88;

WOW!! I don't think we have 30% Ethanol in Canada....yet
Most pumps here is 5%-10%-20% OR none

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Perhaps more farmers / farm corporations are growing corn to fuel this alcohol kick.-----Sad if they stop growing wheat and BARLEY in my opinion.------So you might end up saving $10 / week on motor fuel.-----And end up paying $10 / week more for bread and beer.-----Makes no sense.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
food for fuel is a false economy (meaning it costs everyone more on everything). the only people getting rich are the ethanol lobyists

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Its been well documented by U or Minnesota, and others, that the total emissions created in the corn production and processing of the ethanol and byproducts exceeds the benefits.

And you are not saving much, if any, on your fuel costs either.
Since ethanol fuel contains less btu's per gallon, your mpg drops compared to ethanol free gasoline.

Have noticed over the years, that as the price of gas increases, the price difference between ethanol and ethanol free gas, gets smaller.
So if the price goes high, the benefit of E 0 goes up.

The Force power

Commander
Its been well documented by U or Minnesota, and others, that the total emissions created in the corn production and processing of the ethanol and byproducts exceeds the benefits.

And you are not saving much, if any, on your fuel costs either.
Since ethanol fuel contains less btu's per gallon, your mpg drops compared to ethanol free gasoline.

Have noticed over the years, that as the price of gas increases, the price difference between ethanol and ethanol free gas, gets smaller.
So if the price goes high, the benefit of E 0 goes up.

Good point, same here :canada: and we have price per liter

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
The original concept was to reduce our dependence on foreign oil imports. It's not the farmers and its not the oil barons, its all of YOU.

MOD EDIT - :nono:

Last edited by a moderator: