Trouble Finding a Pedestal Seat?

random_guy

Cadet
Hey everyone:

I'm looking for a seat to match this one, or at least something that's functionally close to it. We bought a 2002 Tracker Targa earlier this year and this came with it. Not sure if it's original to the boat or aftermarket, but I've searched about every place I can think of and haven't found anything like it. There are no markings on it to indicate a manufacturer.

Anyone have any ideas? Other places to check?

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo314569.jpg
    photo314569.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo314570.jpg
    photo314570.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 0

random_guy

Cadet
Yep, tried there. Tried Bass Pro, Cabelas, Wal-Mart, Gander, Amazon, eBay, Tackle Warehouse. I can't even find one that's setup sort of similarly. Can't believe it's got to be this hard, it's a one-piece molded seat. Any other places I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

(Not sure why, but the name of that other large outdoor store that Bass Pro recently bought is getting removed from my post.....)

Great Lakes Skipper is always a good place to start...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Since iBoats is a marine retailer, some competitor names are ****'ed out.

Take the mount plate off and look for a name under it. And maybe pop off the seat pad and look.

random_guy

Cadet
I bought the boat from the previous owner's son. My understanding is that his dad bought the boat new and passed away not long after. They kept it for a number of years and took it out once or twice a season, but decided to sell it this year. I doubt he would be much help as he would probably have been a teenager at the time.

Can you talk to the previous owner?

random_guy

Cadet
I took the mounting plate off and didn't find anything but date codes. Looks like it was molded somewhere in the late 90's. But no company name or anything.

I was going to try to pop the pad off, but it's held in with (4) of the pine tree clip things. They're in there pretty sturdy and I'm pretty sure I'd have to destroy them to pull them out.

Take the mount plate off and look for a name under it. And maybe pop off the seat pad and look.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Use a small socket pushed down to compress the pine tree things to fit through the hole in the plastic.