Is this a Leafield valve?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What inflatable is that? Often the valve types are used as selling points.

Can't read read what's on the lid. "IN" something.

Black Rat

Seaman Apprentice
It's an "Inmar" (short for "Inland Marine?"). They import out of California. Used to be "JP Marine." I know the pressure release valves they use are Leafield. But that's a mystery too. The pressure release valve says 3.2 psi but the inflatable is rated for 3.6 psi. When I inflate they start to exhaust at 3.8 psi I can hear them. Could be a simple typo whoever was making pressure release valves that day?

Attachments

• photo313783.jpg
    photo313783.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Couldn't find the valve brand on the Inmar site, but with the white cross it looks like a Leafield.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
It's an "Inmar" (short for "Inland Marine?"). They import out of California. Used to be "JP Marine." I know the pressure release valves they use are Leafield. But that's a mystery too. The pressure release valve says 3.2 psi but the inflatable is rated for 3.6 psi. When I inflate they start to exhaust at 3.8 psi I can hear them. Could be a simple typo whoever was making pressure release valves that day?

None of the valves that have tested opened at the stated pressure written on cap valve, opens at more pressure than stated as you have found already. If I were to install those pressure relief valves would have installed one less size to open at 3.3- 3.5 ish. Any inflatable that maintains 3.0 PSI on water will achieve an oustanding water performance, there's no difference in performance between 3.0 to 3.5 PSI. With 3.0 all tubes will be inflated stone hard.

Happy Boating

Black Rat

Seaman Apprentice
Yes...the 12.5' 380 I still have never did vent to my knowledge. Found the tubes at 4.6 psi one day in the hot sun.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Yes...the 12.5' 380 I still have never did vent to my knowledge. Found the tubes at 4.6 psi one day in the hot sun.

Personally don't like installing pressure relief valves, if doesn't open up will surely blow any seam, worse if the Sib is old and with already dried glue issues holding seams in place.

Happy Boating

atcbill

Recruit
Yes it is. I have an Inmar 470-MIL hypalon I bought from them in San Diego. All their screw on pressure gauges, pumps, etc accessories they sell only have the Leafield fitting.