old goat lures

Status
Not open for further replies.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Seen them on northwest fishing so I decided to support them and buy 3.Any iboaters tried these lures?Made in Idaho by a 3d printer and a company of 3 .

82rude

Rear Admiral
Heres a link to their website.Gotta give us fishermen credit ,were suckers for a new lure.I got more rods reels and lures etc than id ever need lol.The ones I bought were OG1 2.8 inch in orange,OG2 3.9 in green and OG2 in 5 inch.The 2 smaller ones I will use for walleye and the 5 inch im going to try on coho,kings and rainbow /lakers.https://www.oldgoatlures.com/

MRS

Commander
When you do use them let us know how they worked I have got so many rods reels and lures.But I always seem to go back to my go to lures castmasters and buck tails for stripers they never go out of style :fish2: plus rap shads.:)

82rude

Rear Admiral
Be about 1 to 1 1/2 months before hard water turns soft.My go to for salmon is Apex lures,for walleye its jig and worm or #4 mepps blackfury or just plain worm harness trolled slow.Them walleye are stupid .Trolling for them has netted me several 7 to 8 lb smallmouths which make for a major battle and big time fun.98 percent of the time I let the smallies go as anything that fights that hard and spectacularly deserves to live to fight another day.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I can't count the number of "new lures" I get sucked into buying every Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. I sometimes don't even open the box. Worst was spending almost 20 bucks on a Live Target Perch. It can't catch a cold. If I really want to catch a fish and not wash tackle I tie on a Black and Silver Rappala, or the tried and true Black Fury. I one landed a 48" Musky on a small Mepps Black Fury, they are fabulous I agree. Everything from Clams to Musky have fallen for my Blk and Slv Rapps and Black Fury's. I swear we would buy and old shoe if someone tied a hook to it and made a commercial for it. We fishin' dudes can be suckers, no we are!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Can't remember the last time I bought a "new" lure.

Learned long ago that fish are lazy and not all that particular. They will hit a pack of matches if they're hungry and you put the bait right in front of their nose.

I will admit they have color preferences from one day to the next. Usually start out the day trolling white on one side of the boat and chartreuse on the other until a pattern develops.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have to agree. I absolutely caught crappy on empty hooks before. It all depends on if they are hungry or not. If they are, most any presentation will catch a fish. If not, you can show them everything in your tackle box, and they will not even try to suck it in.

The problem I seem to have is, I fish for total full un-hungry fish most of the time... :doh: :violin:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I have to agree. I absolutely caught crappy on empty hooks before. It all depends on if they are hungry or not. If they are, most any presentation will catch a fish. If not, you can show them everything in your tackle box, and they will not even try to suck it in.

The problem I seem to have is, I fish for total full un-hungry fish most of the time... :doh: :violin:

Bang on! Our beach is spawning grounds for Small Mouth as close as 10 feet offshore. They guard the beds like beasts. They will chase off a 30 lb. Carp but won't hit a jig put in front of their face. But at about 6PM, dinner time, they will hit a cigarette butt.

donnmo

Recruit
This is Donn Morse: Owner of Old Goat Lures. Thought it might help to give a quick overview of the lures, the company, etc. In 2014, after over 25 years of service, Microsoft gave the pink slip to myself and 18,000 co-workers. My passions are technology and fishing. So, I decided to try and combine the two. I bought a 3D printer and attempted to create a fishing lure that was worth the money. (I'd print a half-dozen prototypes, hike out to our livestock troughs with a fishing rod, and examine the action.) After several months, I had a few that looked like possibilities. Tested them on a lake in eastern Washington and, of those several, had one that was especially effective. (It went through a series of iterations.) That was the OG1. Obtained a patent for our design in 2017. Along the way, created the OG2 (which is focused on saltwater game fish). I love to fish. And, I have an equal fascination with technology. These lures are the by-product of those two passions. Give them a try. If you're not satisfied, let me know. I'll refund your purchase. Thanks! (www.oldgoatlures.com)

Attachments

• photo310723.png
    photo310723.png
    791.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo310724.png
    photo310724.png
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • photo310725.png
    photo310725.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

82rude

Rear Admiral
Will be trying my old goat lures on lakers right shortly followed by coho and kings in a week or two.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Agreed.-------Lures just need to catch wallets.-----Same as the latest engineered golf clubs.-----I just use wrist watches.----The flex bands just give them the right wiggle action.-------Set the face the 5:30 which is snack time.------Fish have been to " school " so they can read time.-----Rolex seems to work the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.