Those Pesky Little Critters Looking For A Home !

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A buddy of mine Big AL came up with this for his brothers outboard and he made me one also. As we know little pesky bugs like to have a home of their own and it doesn't take long for them to create havoc for our outboards. Very simple if you have some of the old style rattle can spray paint nozzles or other propelled cans that has the nozzle tip instead of being made on the can itself you can make one of these to keep those critters out of your tell tale (aka pee hole). The one shown in the pic is on my 1994 Johnson 9.9 it has the tubing, I believe it's 1/4 " O.D. that comes out the hole on the back side of the outboard . Now on the outboards that have the black plastic nipple that the tubing attaches inside you can use a red color straw that you get with like WD40,carb cleaner,etc. Although I have found some of the red straws are to big diameter to fit inside the hole of the black plastic nipple tell tale, but you can find different sizes that fit snug. I don't use the whole straw just about 1/3 of it pushed and glued into the spray can nozzle tip. There is some filing or grinding and some super gluing of the parts to make a custom snug fit on different outboards.I ask Big AL what's with the attached lanyard ? he said so it will be with your boat and it doesn't get lost. Just remember to take it out before you get on the water.

Tony

Attachments

• photo277524.jpg
    photo277524.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo277525.jpg
    photo277525.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0