2007 Azure AZ 220 Bow Walk Through Door (maybe a crownlike 240ex door would work?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2Motors

Seaman Apprentice
All,

I am the proud owner of a 2006 AZ220DB Azure deck boat. I absolutely love the boat (particularly after I installed trim tabs). The one thing I do not like is it does not have a bow walk through (bi-fold type door) that was an option. I have looked high and low to find the OEM door/hardware so I can add to my boat, but no luck thus far.

My understanding is that my azure was 'built' so that it could be added as an option and if it wasn't it would simply get the padded storage unit (see pictures on port side of boat) vs. the bi-fold doors that would fold into that space.

Does anyone have these doors and can you see who made these doors so I can narrow my search? Searching for "azure bow door, walk through door, etc.." is not working likely due to fact Azure is no longer made. I know the Crownline 240ex boats are similar in style and also have the bow door options. Wondering if I could use one of their doors? Does anyone know the width/size of the crownlike doors?

Many thanks for your help and feedback!!!!

Attachments

• photo262612.JPG
    photo262612.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo262613.JPG
    photo262613.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 0

TangoMike127

Recruit
@N2Motors,

Congrats!!!
Enjoy!!

I have the folding bow door on my 2007 228BR.
Pls let me know how I can help...nothing is indicated that suggests who made the door, however...

I have been continuously boating in the NE for 30 years, I work full time but get out 100+ times per year, I am in the water year round except 1 yearly haul out for maintenance, bottom paint, zincs, oil change...
I have had 2 boats and a jets ski for years, trying to find the best balance in boat size and use.
For example a family of 4 cannot easily spend the weekend on a 17' bowrider, nor can a 330 Sundancer take you into the flats at high tide to shoot trap or anchor on a beach, or navigate in 2' of water.

SO GOOD NEWS FOR YOU: Cruiser has all the parts.so far that I have inquired about including the cleat to hold the transom seat in 3 positions (mine does not have the cleat) I ordered, they also can get the orig seat skins from Lexington.

I can email them for you as I have direct contact with them.
I just send a email always get a reply
Then forward you the answer??

********PLEASE **********IMPORTANT PLEASE LET ME KNOW what trim tabs did you install ***Brand and part number*** Thank you!!!

Issues I am having, let alone all I have fixed already as spent about 25 hours over last 2 weeks R&R'in, issues remaining are:
Dog out of the hole, running a 4 blade SS OSI by Turbo prop, but cannot see the pitch & diameter stamped on it :-( ??
Boat wonders too easily & too quickly in 5mph zones, not sure if it is the steering cable or, bad rack & pinion or....?
Bought boat 2 weeks ago...did not seem to porpoise 1st 2 or 3 times out, NOW only thing to have changed is down about 200 lbs in gas since 1st got it, but now porpoises constantly & easily???
Boat definitely tilts to port
Lots of loose hardware that I have R&R'd just have 1 of the Bimini mounts rip out left to fix and trying to come up with best solution, over-sized screws that fit so far are hard to find, so thinking JB Weld in screw holes & under mount???
A few of the twist and lock fasteners need R&R
Boat has so many cool "luxury" items that I keep finding, such as the arm rests in the bow, flip up seat bolsters on the Helm seats, etc
So while I am having problems, the boat is so well appointed it makes the deficiencies more tolerable, however definitely under powered with 5.0 Ltr Merc & Bravo I.

Boat definitely has some pluses some minuses
Boat is GREAT docked hanging out relaxing...went out to dinner last night brought the food aboard using the oval bow table was nice
my 2 cents

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed

Mike, N2Motors hasnt been here in months. Start a topic about your boat and concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.