Does anyone come here anymore?

ziggy

Admiral
well, i do, and i don't know where they have all gone.
i think AristoCraft is on facebook. maybe everyone went there. i don't know cause i don't do facebook. so just speculation.

so ya got yer rig ready for summer Oldrod47?
i just started mine yesterday from it's long winter hibernation.
so far so good. everything seems to work. don't know when i'm gonna get out for my 1st run though. rain this weekend and cool the following weekend. i got the itch though, so first chance i get. i'm going for my 1st run. i got all my basic items on board.
i do gotta check out the trailer though. mostly lights. did the wheel brgs last fall.... seems like every new year i got at least 1 light that is anti social. always get them back working again though..
hope all is going well for you....

renojim

Seaman Apprentice
We're still here. We're in Reno and it's still winter, in fact it's actually snowing right now. The one good thing is that all the lakes will be full this year. I don't think Lake Tahoe has been full in the last ten years. Definitely ready for it to be summer.

Oldrod 47

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Glad to see you Ziggy and Reno. This would be a good weekend for a shakedown. Rode past the Ohio River downstream from Cincy a couple of weeks ago. Too early but saw one tri hull out on the river. Never made it last year, life got in the way. Selling the wife.s house now, Hope it winds up by mid-May.

Friend is going to help get her running this year. Splash day? Still want to get the OEM seat covers and new windshield plastic for her.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I still check here from time to time. It's been past dead here for months. Had just about decided to take it off my bookmarks. Good to see a little life here again

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Nothing on Facebook about Nineteen's that I've seen. I did start a Funliner group on FB.

ziggy

Admiral
We're in Reno and it's still winter, in fact it's actually snowing right now. The one good thing is that all the lakes will be full this year.
wow! still snowing..... my goodness, i guess i never thought of snow and Nevada in the same thought. Nebraska, yes, but not Nevada. great that you'll have a full lake though. i prefer lakes w/o low water. we're about normal level so far this year. maybe a little low. Nebraska didn't get much snow this year. heck. i was out canoeing on feb. 11th this year. unprecedented. the lakes should have been frozen for another month and a half... I'll take it though. it's been fun canoeing real early in the season this year.
Still want to get the OEM seat covers
hope that works out for ya. sounds like yer lucky and AristoCraft still must have yer color. my color has been long gone unfortunately. as my seats are starting to show some wear after my 10 years of heavy use.
I still check here from time to time. It's been past dead here for months. Had just about decided to take it off my bookmarks. Good to see a little life here again
glad yer still checkin in. that's about where i'm at too. agreed. this forum has been mighty slow for quite a while. glad ya didn't unbookmark it. maybe someone will be buying a AristoCraft and find this forum. i think we have much to offer between us all that have been here on this forum.
Nothing on Facebook about Nineteen's that I've seen. I did start a Funliner group on FB.
guess i stand corrected. good ya stated one for funliners though... anything of facebook from AristoCraft themselves? that's where i got the idea that there was a facebook page. thought i saw somewhere the AristoCraft facebook page somewhere.......

glad to see ya all here.... hope everyone has a great summer on their AristoCrafts.......

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Aristocraft has their page, but it's more for the wood boats I believe.

HRK

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

I'm here!! I posted a bunch last year but took the winter off, not much boating action here in NY the last few months. Had our first nice day of the year today, and couldn't say no - fired it up and went out for a few hours.

I just started a Facebook group for Aristocraft owners, to hopefully find a few more people out there with these boats. It would be great to have a community to turn to with questions, to share photos and videos, etc. Here's the link, join up and post a photo of your boat!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1237332529697267/

Attachments

• photo262788.jpg
    photo262788.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 0

ziggy

Admiral
great job Oldrod47 for starting this thead. i think everyone that's AristoCraft and comes here needed this... again. cudos.... good idea!

good to see ya HRK. great your still here too. see, us AristoCraft folks are a force for sure...
but took the winter off, not much boating action here in NY the last few months.
yep, hard lakes tend to do that to us boaters.
Had our first nice day of the year today, and couldn't say no - fired it up and went out for a few hours.
sweet. sounds like ya might be the early bird this year. i've not got her out yet. looks to be 2 weeks here maybe before weather permits again.
I just started a Facebook group for AristoCraft owners
i'm ambivalent about this. mostly i suppose because i don't do facebook. but possibly because now there will be two places for AristoCraft owners to go to. i've not encountered any other place that has any discussion of our boats other than here. let alone the I/O support that iboats has. this is invaluable imho.
to hopefully find a few more people out there with these boats.
this i can't argue with. advertising. the more places the better.
It would be great to have a community to turn to with questions, to share photos and videos, etc.
we have that here.
Here's the link, join up and post a photo of your boat!
i may miss out, but sorry, i can't, fxxx facebook. i run a small biz and i suppose facebook would be benificial to my biz. but, imho, the down side of them spying on me, and researching me and my behaviors is more than i'm willing to put up with.
love the pic of yer Nineteen HRK. a beautiful blue landau... that's a sweet looking Nineteen. what engine/drive did ya get with that?

HRK

Seaman Apprentice
Hey Ziggy! There's a couple groups for specific Aristocraft models on facebook, but I figured having one overall group might be good too. Some guys use only facebook and not forums, so it might bring a few more owners out of the woodwork, who knows. This forum is nice too because people can search older posts as well, for existing information and tech help.

I hear you on Facebook, they definitely know alot about people! It would definitely be beneficial to your business, you can find your ideal customers via their likes/dislikes, age, location, etc. It's a powerful tool for sure. What sort of business do you run?

Thanks for the compliment on the Nineteen - it's a 120 with what I believe is the MC1 outdrive. Rewired the entire boat last year and did a bit of other fixes to the motor, steering, and trim motor. This year hopefully I can focus on more cosmetic repairs! The hull has some bubbling so I'll have to address that at some point. Regardless, I love these boats!

Oldrod 47

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ziggy, as far as the new seat skins go, depends on what is available. The P.O. had redone the boat to his likes. The hull was built before mfg's started putting serial numbers on them so no real way to find out what color it was built with. Happens to be a Mopar color (SubLime) on the hardtop and the area that had wood grain, seats are white and matching green. Pattern is similar to earlier 18s, The top could be repainted to go with any color, Could use compatible carpet similar to late 19,s.
There were some really bright colors used during the model run, your lime green was one along with a tangerine one.

Just thinking out loud.

ziggy

Admiral
Some guys use only facebook and not forums
that's what i was thinking as to perhaps why this forum has been a little slow. there is obviously other places to go other than iboats.
you can find your ideal customers via their likes/dislikes, age, location, etc. It's a powerful tool for sure. What sort of business do you run?
i don't know that i have any specific customers. everyone may need may service at some point. kinda like a plumber. ya don't think about them untill yer toilet don't work right. then ya look for any plumber. my biz is a small one man service biz. sorry, i'd say what i do but if i did. anyone with half a brain would figure out right where i live as i do have a website and it'd be easy to put 2 and 2 together to find me. i don't particularly want to be found unless you need the service i provide. if you need my service. you can easy find me with a generic google search of what i offer......... hope yer cosmetic repairs go well this season. cosmetic repairs are more fun. ya can see the fruits of yer labor. not so much with general maint. repairs that ya gotta have, but are unnoticed other than it works right.
I love these boats!
yep. i find nothing to dislike. Nineteens are the cats meow for sure.
as far as the new seat skins go, depends on what is available
guess i was wondering what color that was available he had. i know my lime green hasn't been available since i got mine 10 years ago. guess that's what i get for having a low production run color. but i do have the uniqueness of the odd color.
There were some really bright colors used during the model run, your lime green was one along with a tangerine one.
yeah there was. i think there was also a bright yellow one too. though i havn't seen but maybe one pic of yellow and it may have been a repainted to suit the owners preferd color. them bright colors were cool in the mid seventies. everything was bright colored it seemed. in 1975, my room at my folks house was tangerine w/kelly green drapes and bedspread. in hind sight it was hard on the eyes. hardly no one would do that today.... :eek:

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here hopefully is a pic of 1975? interior options

Last edited:

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not real sure of the year. Just guessing as the brochure also had older style interiors in other pics. 1975,76,77 somewhere in there.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just noticed you have to click on the word " Flickr " to see my image. Very rusty at putting photos here, sorry.

ziggy

Admiral
but the pics worked, i saw them when i clicked on flickr too.
guess i stand corrected on the yellow. i don't see that color in that pic. but do see my lime green.
i guess i have no proof of yellow. i think i got the idea when i was talking with AristoCraft at one point. from my memory i believe they said lime green and yellow were low production runs in '75 and '79. but that's only from my memory. i've seen one yellow one here on iboats. it should be somewhere the AristoCraft forum. but that owner i think was personally painting it yellow. i have a buddy that went to hawaii too. he said he saw a yellow one down there. so only here say on the yellow. i have no proof of that color.
love them old ads of AristoCrafts. way cool. if anyone else wants to see more of them. i believe they can be found on the AristoCraft web site under fiberglass brochures.

luva63

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Great, glad the pic worked. That coral is beautiful. Like it better than the red. My top is about that shade of blue, but my seats are lighter.

Hello to all. i joined up years ago, havent been active in a long time though. Mine is a '78 Nineteen, going into my ninth season with her. I knew nothing about boats when i bought her, but for $600 off CL it was a good starter boat (so i thought). 8+ years later, i cant imagine wanting to sell it. Absolutely love the boat, and glad to see that you guys are still here.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I think my neighbot has one in dire need f a restore if you need to fill that itch. :) sounds like your Compadre's need a new project to follow. šŸ˜‰