I recently bought a 1997 Four Winns with a 4.3L Volvo Penta Engine. The engine runs fine when it runs, but I have never seen the voltmeter with more than 11 volts and I assumed the voltmeter was bad. However, this evening I put it in the water and lowered the trim on the engine, tried to turn it over and it did nothing. I also was no longer able to use the trim to get the engine back up. I brought it back home and connected it to my car battery to get the engine back up, but still did not see the volts past 11, even though the car voltmeter read 14. The engine also would not turn over even when connected to the car battery. Could there be a short in my electrical system causing the issues or is it a regulator or alternator issue?