yamaha f150 running problem

dogmam

Recruit
I have a a 2007 yamaha f150 it ideals fine it run in gear with muffs on it out off water but when i put it in the water and take off it runs for a second then bogs down anyone have any ideas.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
My only thought is the motor runs fine with no load on the motor, but with a load there is not enough fuel to handle the load

make sure the fuel rail pressure is in spec

dogmam

Recruit
My only thought is the motor runs fine with no load on the motor, but with a load there is not enough fuel to handle the load

make sure the fuel rail pressure is in spec
do you think it could be the fuel filters or the vst

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
When the motor starts to bog down mist some gasoline into the air intake. See if it picks and runs better.

dogmam

Recruit
1st thing you need to do is find out if the rail pressure is in spec when the problem shows up
so this morning i went to the lake to check out the boat i haven't done anything but pump the primer a few times started the motor and took off the motor runs fine now could there have air gotten into the line?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
so this morning i went to the lake to check out the boat i haven't done anything but pump the primer a few times started the motor and took off the motor runs fine now could there have air gotten into the line?
if the fuel system leakes before the lift pump on motor, it can suck air in.
pumping the primer bulb would fill the VST so the pump inside of it could pump the rail up.
running the VST pump without fuel in the VST to pump, cannot cool and lube that pump and harm it.
but if the problem shows back up pumping the primer bulb will help tell you where the problem is.