Which Guides: roller or White tube, for new LUND 1650 Angler SS?

Pale Rider

Seaman Apprentice
Hello All, recently picked up 1650 Angler SS on a shorelander trailer. I would like to install some boat guides. I have always used the upright PVC white tubes, but have seen the shorter roller types in the dealers showroom. what are my best options? TIA...PR...

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hello All, recently picked up 1650 Angler SS on a shorelander trailer. I would like to install some boat guides. I have always used the upright PVC white tubes, but have seen the shorter roller types in the dealers showroom. what are my best options? TIA...PR...
Rollers don't roll forever w/o maintenance........
Depends on how much maintenance you want to put into it

Pale Rider

Seaman Apprentice
Im leaning towards the PVC tube style, so far I could not find a direct bolt up for a shorelander trailer for this lund model boat. There are holes in the frame rails to accomodate something...

airshot

Rear Admiral
I prefer the longer side guides covered with carpet, they typically just U bolt clamp into trailer frame. The guide poles are mostly for decoration in my humble opinion...

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have used both types. (y) DEEP and steep ramps or changing water depths ?
Always go with 4 vertical sleeved rotating guide on poles. I went to a commercial electrical contractor. Had him bend 4 exactly the same shaped poles. Then bolted them in place with Galvanized Pipe Clamps. I adjusted the poles with the boat on the trailer for 1" clearance at each pole. 5 mph and windy. No problem.