Waterpump housing purchase ,missing parts???

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
https://www.simyamaha.com/water-pump-housing-kit-61a-44311-01-00kit/ Ordered a water pump housing for 2000 200hp Saltwater series 2 stroke. Did a water pump service and no telltale pissing.Now I see 2 small round fittings in the housing order I placed.I did the service without knowing about them.What exactly are they?? Thinking I did the service without the parts and that may be my current issue.What are these 2 parts???? Charlie

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
there is no pic, but I now see a link to another web site with a pic of housing and the dampener

yes you need to put those in or water leaks out around the tube where it comes out of the pump housing heading up to the power head

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
there is no pic, but I now see a link to another web site with a pic of housing and the dampener

yes you need to put those in or water leaks out around the tube where it comes out of the pump housing heading up to the power head
Yep,I figured that out yesterday. What you describe is exactly what happened. Did a water pump service including housing and noticed no telltale so I knew something was not exactly right.Glad I kept the old housing for comparison.Amazing how little info is available for those 2 parts.I watched multiple videos of Yamaha water pump service with no mention of those parts. Clymer manual does not even mention them for changing out.Looked at multiple service kits Sierra , Quicksilver, Amazon China made kits and not one kit contained these 2 parts.SIM Yamaha had it listed separately when I stumbled across it.I had to really search in the Clymer manual where it was even mentioned in 1 line stating to "not damage" them....... and thats all.Really shocking that so little info available on those parts.Charlie

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Took the 2 grommet type pieces off of the old housing and put them on new and issue solved.All good now.Charlie

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Yep,I figured that out yesterday. What you describe is exactly what happened. Did a water pump service including housing and noticed no telltale so I knew something was not exactly right.Glad I kept the old housing for comparison.Amazing how little info is available for those 2 parts.I watched multiple videos of Yamaha water pump service with no mention of those parts. Clymer manual does not even mention them for changing out.Looked at multiple service kits Sierra , Quicksilver, Amazon China made kits and not one kit contained these 2 parts.SIM Yamaha had it listed separately when I stumbled across it.I had to really search in the Clymer manual where it was even mentioned in 1 line stating to "not damage" them....... and thats all.Really shocking that so little info available on those parts.Charlie