Trailer Wheel

Mark812ic

Recruit
Hey Everybody,
I'm in a serious need of a spare trailer tire for my 1998 Sunbird Boat Trailer. However, I cannot find a rim / wheel for it meaning the rime is a 15" 6 lug on a 4 1/2" center whole. Does anybody on here know where I can purchase 1? The Tire is an ST205-75-R15. Checked eBAY, Amazon, Craigslist, eTrailer. Tractor Supply, Walmart. Thank you in advance Mark

alldodge

Staff member
Welcome
That is a tuff one, I'm coming up empty also. Can find auto but not trailer

airshot

Rear Admiral
Look up " wheel and rim supply". In Toledo Ohio there is a store that just sells wheels, rims, hubs etc and often carry the unusual items.

matt167

Captain
15” 6 lug is a very hard one to get. Dextar makes them for sure and last I knew E trailer had them… but it’s very hard to find them. Last time my shop found them available, we bought out the supplier inventory which was all of 6 wheels…. If all you can find is a 16” wheel then as a spare, just get a 205/70r16 car tire that can take 50 PSI. It’ll be about the right size and get you home or wherever you’re going

brodmann

Chief Petty Officer
That's a standard Toyota 4Wheeler wheel. I've got them on my Chevy Colorado, but the hub hole is actually a bit to large for my truck, but it is a 4" hub hole. Go to a salvage yard and get as many as you want for about $10 each.

matt167

Captain
Make sure it is a zero offset rim. Most auto rims are not.
That is the ideal solution, however I know that one of my customers had a bad one of these hard to find rims on his lawn mower trailer. Rusted right through. I didn’t have one, but digging through the junk wheel pile I found one that fit. The offset wasn’t right but it cleared the frame and was okay… for a spare it would be fine. Could always have a spacer for it

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If your old rim is not bent, and not rusted beyond repair,you could sandblast it and re-paint.

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
15” 6 lug is a very hard one to get. Dextar makes them for sure and last I knew E trailer had them… but it’s very hard to find them. Last time my shop found them available, we bought out the supplier inventory which was all of 6 wheels…. If all you can find is a 16” wheel then as a spare, just get a 205/70r16 car tire that can take 50 PSI. It’ll be about the right size and get you home or wherever you’re going
again....isn't this it?

Attachments

• IMG_2380.png
    IMG_2380.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
That is the ideal solution, however I know that one of my customers had a bad one of these hard to find rims on his lawn mower trailer. Rusted right through. I didn’t have one, but digging through the junk wheel pile I found one that fit. The offset wasn’t right but it cleared the frame and was okay… for a spare it would be fine. Could always have a spacer for it
I believe most auto wheels already have positive offset so a spacer would put it in the wrong direction.

matt167

Captain
I believe most auto wheels already have positive offset so a spacer would put it in the wrong direction.
Depends fwd or rwd. The rim i used, whatever it was for had negative offset and could have used a spacer. But the customer was happy I made it work