Time for a new battery charger

stresspoint

Ensign
ok , not that i understand the complexity's of charging "cabin cruiser" battery's. sooooo complex!.
may i make a suggestion since you are looking to upgrade to a more moden set up.

we here in Australia do a lot of camping out in places that are well off the grid , we don't carry shore power or generators with us (joke) .

most of us these days use a solar powered charging system with inverters , yes , they are relatively expensive with initial set up , but after that there is never a need to rely on power from the grid when you need an uninterrupted power supply.
my brother had a fancy set up that would run everything in his camper for as long as he was away IE: weeks at a time.
you would need to do some modifications , but the benefits long term outweigh the costs.

just some food for thought from a bloke that has no idea about cabin cruisers ., my take is you almost eliminate that age old issue with the shore power or generator set up """ stray currents "" that can ruin other peoples boats in your marina.
chances are the charging system you have that is dead , died because it was sticking more (figure of speech) power into the water than the components you were trying to keep powered .

Last edited: