Removing seat back cushions in bow of 97 Maxum

Status
Not open for further replies.

4js

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I would like to remove the cushions from the side of the bow section on my 97 Maxum 1900 SR but I can not find any screws, etc to do that. You can not access it from behind (it's closed in).

I was thinking they might pop in...or maybe slide up, with clips, but I do not want to break anything without knowing.

Thanks!IMAG0078.jpg

Last edited:

Friscoboater

Captain
Re: Removing seat back cushions in bow of 97 Maxum

You should be able to get at it from underneath once you take the seat cushions out. I can't imagine it not being accessible at all.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Welcome 4js, to the iboats dry dock, the best place on the net for anything related to boats.

Most everything on anything is usually attached after the thing is built, in other words, the interior is usually added to the boat after it is constructed, meaning that there has to be a way to remove the cushions without taking the entire boat apart.

You may have to remove some of the cushions from the seat bottoms to gain access to what ever is holding the seat backs in place, or you may have to crawl around on your back, upside down and inverted, while hold a flashlight in your teeth, a screw driver in one hand and a pair pliers in the other, to find what is holding them in place, but you will succeed.

I am sure that some of the more knowledgeable boat gurus here will chime in soon and help you out.

You can also look at the bottom of the forum page and possibly find a link, titled,"boat manufacturers,250+", directly relating to your type/manufacturer of boat, where folks with the same type of craft, may be able to help.

Best Regards,
GT1M

oops!

Supreme Mariner

if i remember correctly....the maxium is a bayliner hull....

the first thing i want to assure you with....is its ok to get rough with it....there is nothing up there that cannot be fixed if you break something.

the upholstery is usually just screwed in from the out side. or bolted in from the back.

crawl under the passengers console.....and look for a thru bolt holding the bow backrest on.
you will either see a bolt....or a plastic insert.....if its plastic....just pull the part.
if its a bolt....un do it. and see how far you can get your arm down the bow gunwhale.

the front is usually found thru the anchor locker.
as allready mentioned....when you remove the bow cushions....you will usually see acess thru the under seat storage or directly to the back.

if all else fails......just pull a section off.....all that is going to happen is that you will pull a screw or bolt thru the glass......even if you break the wood in the upholstery.....that is a really easy fix in just a few seconds with a stapler and a new piece of wood

4js

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the replies. I'll hopefully tackle this tonight and let you know how it goes.

Jigsaw1030

Recruit
I would like to remove the cushions from the side of the bow section on my 97 Maxum 1900 SR but I can not find any screws, etc to do that. You can not access it from behind (it's closed in).

I was thinking they might pop in...or maybe slide up, with clips, but I do not want to break anything without knowing.

Thanks!View attachment 103464
Did you figure out how to remove the cushion backs In the front? Can anyone chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.