new boat

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer
Well the fiance and I decided we want more room for fishing and family. We ordered a 2010 crestliner superhawk 1700 with a 90 hp merc fourstroke. It will be in in 4-6 weeks. :D

Last edited:

rndn

Commander
Re: new boat

Congrats on the upgrade. You'll love your Crestliner!!

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer

I'm just hoping that the 90 will be enough. its rated to 140 but the dealer said that he sells most of them with 90's and they get about 40mph out of them set up like that.

tpcowfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Congrats on ur boat, Will last you a lifetime, had a 115 on my old 1850 FH did fine .it was a 2 stroke, I think the 90 should be ok, let us know, and good luck, and enjoy

ezwitter

Seaman

hope you and family enjoy it ( fishing, family fun, priceless) good luck

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer

Well the 4-6 weeks has come and gone and now I'm going on 12 this sat and still no boat, well maybe. The marina is supposed to get the boat today (heard this 3 or more times already) but they don't have a motor to go with it. They supposedly found one at another dealer but have to wait to talk to them again and if they say yes to sending it to them I have 3 days to wait for it to get here. So if I'm lucky I'll have it for next Friday but I'm not holding my breath.
Am I wrong in feeling like telling them to shove it and go hunt one down someplace else?

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer

update... the boat is here but the dealer was having trouble finding an engine for it... I finally caved and told him to find me a 115. a few days later he found one and it should be here Monday. :) now the bad thing is I get married on the 17 and am gone for a week then I come back and sign papers for a house :eek: I don't think I'll get much time to use it now... :mad:

B Robinson

Cadet

Cool! I know this goes without saying, but you do know you'll have to post some nice pics when you get er home!!

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer

Well she finally made it home...

newboat1.jpg

newboat2.jpg

newboat3.jpg

newboat4.jpg

88phantom

Seaman

Congratulations on the new purchase! IT looks like a very nice boat. I am sorry you had to wait so long for it. My 88 V170 has a 115 on it and it goes about 35mph. You folks should have lots of good leisure time in it.

Kris

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

congrats on the new boat. Very nice looking boat. It should work well for fishing and have plenty of power for tubing or skiing.

NathanY

Commander

That is awesome. I really like that enclosure you have on that boat. That boat should run fine with that 115 on it. My 94 V170 runs 37 gps with a 90hp and a full fishing load and two people.