MK III HD enclosure?

Iceking02

Cadet
Hello, all!

I just signed a contract for a Mark III HD with the console pkg. My question presently is whether or not you folks know about the availability of a top/enclosure for this series of boats? I'm looking for something to keep the majority of the wind and rain off of my gear and myself. Yes, I'll be wearing a rubber duck suit but would like to have more weather protection for running in Alaska's unpredictable weather. Thanks in advance for your help.

IceKing02

Iceking02

Cadet
Re: MK III HD enclosure?

Wellllll, I took the plunge and just had one built by Silver Streak in Anchorage. Works like a charm but I need to get one seam resewn. Other than that it is NICE--especially when the day starts out at 27F... Additionally, the topper allows you to open up a lot more space and store gear on the gunnel tubes and on the inside of the frame...sweet.

Here are some pics:

Apr08 084.jpg

Apr08 085.jpg

CRRC418

Cadet

Just what the doctor ordered. I would love to see more detailed photos of the setup. How does it attach, etc. Is it stable on plane and at speed? And if you don't mind, pricing and contact info. I have a Mark III as well and this could be the ticket for late season duck hunting

Iceking02

Cadet

CRRC418, et al,

I'll try to get some pictures of the actual attachment points. Silver Streak here in Anchorage, Alaska is the maker of this enclosure. The sides all zip in and out so that you can use as much as you like on that particular day. The front and back will also roll up and have catches to keep them rolled. This topper is VERY stable at speed. It tolerates 31mph (by GPS) without a hitch and it tolerated far more than that yesterday when I was coming back to Whittier in a B.I.-ITCH of a headwind...

The cost was like $1400, about 2mph of speed and four days of down-time since they have to attach the side snaps to the grab rail directly. It is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY needed to make it. I could NOT have hunted bears and chased shrimp the last two weekends without it--we hunt right next to glaciers and at all times of the day/night. The main tubes get ice built up on them from the condensate freezing on the tops of the tubes...the topper allows one to dress appropriately and stay out of the wind. In the daytime you can mostly drive in a T-shirt, sweatshirt and jeans if the sun is shining--it keeps you quite warm being black and all.

I'll get more photos for you once I'm done fleshing out the bear hide...SWEET SUCCESS!

Later,

IceKing02

Jawnny

Recruit

Great enclosure

Just bought a 2007 futura mark 3 HD for 7200 Canadian inc newish trailer
Good deal ???? what motor should i get 45mph???