is this Youtube clip a "miss" the stator? or the pack? (on my 1990 30hp )

swing

Cadet
is this Youtube clip a "miss" the stator? or the pack? (on my 1990 30hp )

listen to the audio on this clip of my motor throttling up - the coil tests good. Do you think its one of the components under the flywheel (even tho they looked good visually) ? Im sure its not the hi rev limiter - im nowhere close to being over 6k
(FYI - the part numbers for my motor are ---- pack: 584489, stator: 584341, coil: 583485 )

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Test run with the cover off.-----Test run with a timing light to see if it is an ignition miss .--Might help determine whether it is top or bottom cylinder.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It could be anything, if my motor was doing that I would look to fuel issues first, bad pump, pinched hose. clogged vent. bad batch of fuel. water in that fuel, or maybe a sticking float. Electrical stuff is usually either good or bad, no in between. Does it ever clear up and run strong for a while?

The first thing I would try is known good fuel in a different tank with a different hose.

swing

Cadet
gosh - it seems so millisecond-electronic in nature - do you really think a fuel starvation issue could cause that kind of sound?? I find that sorta hard to imagine, no?

swing

Cadet
(but thats an excellent, and easy, idea - try known-good tank/hose/primer/fuel