Hello From Florida! Need Some Help With My 2550

Hobbles

Recruit
First id like to say hello, And thanks for having me.

I have a 1985 Bayliner 2550 i purchased a few weeks ago.

I have been going through it to see what systems work and which ones dont. So far, Most do. I have encountered 1 problem i am hoping someone here knows the answer to.

My boat has a macerator type of toilet. It has a motor on the rear of it and a button on the wall you push. There is also a switch on the helm to turn the macerator on and off. If i turn the switch on i get nothing.If i push the button i get nothing. I checked the switch on the helm and it is getting 12 volts in and out. I checked the motor on the toilet and there is no voltage going to it. So i assume there is a problem with the button. Problem is, I cant figure out how to get to the button to test it. It wont pull out and there is nowhere behind it to test wires. Does anyone know how to remove that button?

I also discovered that the shower is not draining. Ive read the owners manual and some other forums but have not found the right answer. or at least i don't think i have. If i understand things right, There should be a sump for the shower somewhere? Some say under the step when you walk in. There is a pump there but it is for potable water. The tank for it is also there. I have a switch in the head for the shower pump. If i turn it on it lights up but nothing happens. Does anyone know where the shower pump may be?

I plan to restore this old boat, And have already done quite a bit. But i want to be sure all systems work before i begin to reassemble anything. So any help would be greatly appreciated. I will attach pics if it will let me.

Attachments

• 20240412_111034.jpg
    20240412_111034.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240412_151008.jpg
    20240412_151008.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240412_145044.jpg
    20240412_145044.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1