FM165 Swim Ladder

nam6869usmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone have one mounted, for a week I've been beating my brain what kind, where to mount, tips on mounting, 3 or 4 step folding,,,,,this for the wife & I if we ever fall out plus my 16 YO Granddaughter to be able to swim & get back in the boat. Basspro has a 4 step folding that hard mounts I think with hardware. I just need some advice / pictures if anyone has one mounted...

Basspro Universal folding Ladder
ladder.jpg

swimladder.jpg

DeepV

Seaman
Re: FM165 Swim Ladder

Jim,

Here is the ladder on my FS175. You can get it for about 50 bucks from Bass Pro or Cabelas. It is easy to use and stows even with the top of the transom. People that have used it range from 5 years old up to me and my wife in our 40's.

It was mounted with stainless lag bolts and lots of sealant. If you want to gut the inside you could go with bolts and nuts but these lag bolts have held up very well and I expect them to be permanent.

Attachments

• FS175 ladder.jpg
    FS175 ladder.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 0

nam6869usmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Jim,

Here is the ladder on my FS175. You can get it for about 50 bucks from Bass Pro or Cabelas. It is easy to use and stows even with the top of the transom. People that have used it range from 5 years old up to me and my wife in our 40's.

It was mounted with stainless lag bolts and lots of sealant. If you want to gut the inside you could go with bolts and nuts but these lag bolts have held up very well and I expect them to be permanent.

thx Deepv,,,just what I needed, pictures are worth a 1000 words....I'm going into Basspro & Cabela's websites & track that exact ladder down...thx again.
P.S. what size lag bolt did you use,, dia. & length.....

DeepV

Seaman

Sorry for the late response.

They were 1/4 inch lag bolts and 3 or 3 1/2 inches long. Don't forget to get stainless steel.

The holder for when the ladder is stowed is actually an anchor light holder. I didn't like the one that came with it but that may be just me. The rubber light holder works great.

With the ladder stowed, try and position it level with the top of the transom, mark your holes, and you are good to go.

It is a little scary drilling holes in the transom of your nice boat. Use lots of quality marine sealant.

nam6869usmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry for the late response.

They were 1/4 inch lag bolts and 3 or 3 1/2 inches long. Don't forget to get stainless steel.

The holder for when the ladder is stowed is actually an anchor light holder. I didn't like the one that came with it but that may be just me. The rubber light holder works great.

With the ladder stowed, try and position it level with the top of the transom, mark your holes, and you are good to go.

It is a little scary drilling holes in the transom of your nice boat. Use lots of quality marine sealant.

Thx Deepv,,,I'm good to go now, and yes, drilling into this beautiful boat will be tuff..

JOEMANSLOWE

Seaman Apprentice

Here's the swim platform offered by the factory ($100 installed).

Attachments

• new boat 001.jpg
    new boat 001.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1

DeepV

Seaman

For some reason my dealer steered me away from the factory swim platform and ladder. I like the looks of it though. The main thing he said was it would tend to get in the way when you are fishing amongst the sticks. I primarily bass fish so I took his word for it.

nam6869usmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's the swim platform offered by the factory ($100 installed).

I like it, it does stick out aways....I guess that ladder just folds down. I can see "DEEPV's point, I also am in some nasty sticks & weeds Bass fishing but I've been Trolling for Stripers more than hitting the Bass . My wife & Granddaughter should be able to zoom up & down that setup. Going to look into that.
Thx.

cceykovsky

Recruit

I like it, it does stick out aways....I guess that ladder just folds down. I can see "DEEPV's point, I also am in some nasty sticks & weeds Bass fishing but I've been Trolling for Stripers more than hitting the Bass . My wife & Granddaughter should be able to zoom up & down that setup. Going to look into that.
Thx.

Greetings,
I'm in the same situation on needed a swim ladder for the FM 165. Did you have any luck following up on this one? Cabela's is the only parts dealer near me and they are non-responsive.

Also, I apologize for bringing up an old thread. Only one I could find that matches my specific scenario.

shiftychevy

Cadet

Deep V do you have a link to that swim ladder you installed on your boat? I would like to install one on my 2010 FM165.
Have you had any issues or concerns with it?

Thanks
Robert.