Do all forces have overheat buzzers?

kalebsheridan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an 88 50 hp force, do all these have overheat buzzers? I'm not sure I mine does. I'd hate to burn up my motor. I added a tell tale that pisses like a racehorse, but I don't know if I should rely on that. Thanks!

topgun3690

Ensign
I have an 88 50 hp force, do all these have overheat buzzers? I'm not sure I mine does. I'd hate to burn up my motor. I added a tell tale that pisses like a racehorse, but I don't know if I should rely on that. Thanks!
Both Crowley and marineengine.com show a buzzer listed......should have one unless a PO removed it for some reason.....look under and around the console....also should have a thermo switch that activates the buzzer. If you ground that switch it should set off the buzzer.....

kalebsheridan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Both Crowley and marineengine.com show a buzzer listed......should have one unless a PO removed it for some reason.....look under and around the console....also should have a thermo switch that activates the buzzer. If you ground that switch it should set off the buzzer.....
The console as in the remote control?

kalebsheridan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ooh well I bought this motor as just a motor plus controls. That might be on the POs boat.

topgun3690

Ensign
Ooh well I bought this motor as just a motor plus controls. That might be on the POs boat.
That explains why you probably don't have one......I would get one after you finish the other work you are doing......you might consider using a louder horn instead of the buzzer....need to be sure and hear it if it goes off.

kalebsheridan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That explains why you probably don't have one......I would get one after you finish the other work you are doing......you might consider using a louder horn instead of the buzzer....need to be sure and hear it if it goes off.
Okay sounds good top gun, I'll pick one up. I just ordered a new thermostat as well, just to know I got a good one.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
IF??? your motor came with the controls?? then it might have a buzzer.
TEST: turn key on(not running) then ground the orange lead from the back of the motor. That should make the buzzer sound off.
The controls might have the buzzer built into it.

topgun3690

Ensign
Ooh yeah these are some great ideas. Any brands y'all recommend?
Had an extra horn laying around, got the LED light at local parts store.....bought a temp gauge/sender from Faria Beede, but there are others available.....maybe should have went with a water pressure gauge instead.....