Considering this: '95 Celeb

smittomatic

Cadet
Hey all-

Looking to buy my first boat within the next few weeks so I don't miss out on the fleeting Minnesota summers :(

I am considering this '95 210 Status. Posted just a couple days ago @ $7995. I was told it will need some upholstery work on the sundeck and some other spots. Everything else is sound. Have not taken it for a trial though.

Would love to hear from any former/current owners of this rig or similar.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/boa/1743374158.html

Thanks all, hope to join the ranks of boat ownership soon!

hookedagain

Recruit
Re: Considering this: '95 Celeb

I have a 95 190 status with a 4.3. You'll have plenty of power with the 5.7. One thing to think about. That boat I believe has wood stringers so I would pay attention to detail. Any soft spots in the floor etc. may be a sign that water has been an issue. Not sure how to check out the stringers without a major disassembly. Maybe someone else will have ideas on that. I have been very satisfied with my celeb, seems like a quality built boat. The CL posting said it had 200 hrs on the meter? How many on the engine? See if the owner has maintenance records for winterizing, impeller replacement, etc. What type of boating do you plan on doing? (skiing/tubing, cruising, lake, or river) I use mine primarily on the Mississippi between Red Wing and LaCrosse. Their can be some rough waters and mine handles pretty well but am sure yours would take on the big boy wakes better.:)

smittomatic

Cadet

Thanks for the info/discussion points.

I plan to run mostly on the St. Croix and until my kids get a little older it will be mostly cruising and not much water sports right now. A deep V like this would certainly help in handling the big wakes from all the 30'+s out there and on the Miss.

Also noticed that Celeb boats seem to weigh a bit more than similarly sized boats. I imagine that's gotta help with the handling as well.

hookedagain

Recruit

Yeh, the extra weight comes in handy for plowing thru waves. Mine performs like a 20 footer from other manufacturers in that respect. Although I am pushing the limits on a single axle trailer if I load it with much gear. You should have no issues with that double axle trailer. What are you gonna be towing with and I am assuming the trailer has brakes? If you are new to the towing game, keep this in mind, just about any rig will have the ability to pull the boat, but you gotta be able to stop on a dime if necessary. My 1/2 ton chevy pulls and stops my boat without a problem. I cannot however safely tow my brother in laws 23' Crownline. Has plenty of power, but I get pushed all over the place even with surge brakes on the trailer.:mad: