Bimini control problem

Crow3051

Recruit
When it gets hot enough out, my 2022 20’ Fishing Barge DLX bimini won’t respond in the up or fown modes. Sometimes just up won’t work, sometimes just down. I can’t find any information online about this problem. Anyone having this issue?

captmello

Captain
never heard of an electric Bimini. if it's only a year old, I'd call the dealer and see if there's a warrantee.

Crow3051

Recruit
2022 Sun Tracker has electric Bimini. Ever since covid, customer service has been crap. I did have the boat in for 100 hour service and they said it checked out. Got the boat home and it did not work. Found a utube video with the problem. Guy put a cover over the switch preventing it from getting hot. I tried it and it worked.

brodmann

Chief Petty Officer
So basically if it's hot enough to need the top up, it's probably too hot for the switch to work properly?!?! What an amazing design!!

Crow3051

Recruit
I live in Florida on a fresh water canal system. Some places i have to lower the cover to get under a bridge. There’s no way to just manually lower it w/o basically taking it apart. Now I’m worried it might not come back up or if i go under, it might not go down to get back thru!

JohnSz

Cadet
I have a '22 PB 22DLX with the power bimini. While I haven't had the switch issue yet, there is a smart phone SureShade app to bypass the switch.