73 gypsy 15 wild plum

shelli

Recruit
My Dad has a 73 Gypsy 15 in Wild Plum. This boat has been in the lake at the cottage every summer since it was purchased in 73 and all his kids and grandchildren have learned to waterski behind it. Like all of us, it is starting to show its age but still works great. He just had the exterior colour refinished; has found some vinyl to recover the cushions and is trying to find some marine carpet to match the Wild Plum colour. Any suggestions on where to find it? Here's a pic of the boat but in this photo the carpet looks dark however his carpet seems to be about the colour of the vinyl on the seats.gypsy 15.jpg

pduquette

Ensign
Re: 73 gypsy 15 wild plum

Welcome aboard shelli! Any place that makes custom auto interiors/ marine interiors should be able to help you. Try google for places near you - - not sure where you are .......Lol!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Wow ya gotta love those 70's colors. If you can't find a match maybe you dye some white or grey carpet to match.
Just a thought..

shelli

Recruit

Thanks guys. I've seen the purple carpet and it's not quite right - needs more magenta.

yanks21

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Shelli,
These are guys you're talking to...Magenta is purple...

shelli

Recruit

Yanks, I should have known better. I have two sons and they are both colour blind. Whenever I try to describe anything to them by colour I get the "look" that tells me I'm not being helpful at all. I'll be up at the cottage this weekend and will take some pictures of what this boat looks like 39 years later.

yanks21

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Full sun or white flourescent light will give you truer color with the camera. You could try a local home store-big box or not, or a carpet place(not sure where you are). For most boats, remnants work great because you have so many cuts to make.

shelli

Recruit

Here's some photos of the boat and the carpet colour. It really is more bright pink than purple. BTW, I am in Southern Ontario (near Toronto)

Attachments

• DSC02965.jpg
    DSC02965.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC02966.jpg
    DSC02966.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC02962.jpg
    DSC02962.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC02964.JPG
    DSC02964.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Wow I bet ya can see her coming a mile away ! Love the cool " disco pit " up front !
I really think we could use a bright pink MFG in the calender ! :cool:

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here's some photos of the boat and the carpet colour. It really is more bright pink than purple. BTW, I am in Southern Ontario (near Toronto)

Wowsa!
Now where did I put my sunglasses? :D

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

nice!

Two suggestions on the carpet:

1] a place that builds one-off runabouts (yacht wannabees) may have a source for UV resistant colored carpet
2] Call a place in a nearby city that specializes in restoring "classic cars"

Good luck with it and keep us posted. :)

shelli

Recruit

Some people on the lake refer to the boat as "Barney" as in the big purple dinosaur.

sphelps - what kind of picture are you looking for for your calendar? ie, action shot, still shot, sexy model in a bikini...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Some people on the lake refer to the boat as "Barney" as in the big purple dinosaur.

sphelps - what kind of picture are you looking for for your calendar? ie, action shot, still shot, sexy model in a bikini...

All of the above !! LOL !:)
The calender is Jon Sob's idea I think we are gunna try and put it together near the end of the year. Jon and rest of us think it would be a cool thing to make because we are such a cool bunch of guy's and gal's . I can't speak for the rest of the guy's but a cool lookin pink boat would be a great addition I think !:cool: