1989 Bayliner Trophy Fresh Water Tank Questions

LakeMichiganBoater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Is there a way to drain down the fresh water tank for the winter on these? I think its 13 gallons.

If not I think I am going to add a 12v water pump for the sink and to help drain it. Anyone know what size the existing water lines are?

LakeMichiganBoater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
know this a old post but yes i had a electric pump on mine but i also had a valve that i could turn that drained into bilge to drain the tank as well maybe that would work for you
It's a recent post.. this fall. I just dumped a ton of antifreeze in the tank for now.

Where is the drain? How do you get down to it? I don't know that I can get access to the tank.

LakeMichiganBoater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It is a hand pump located on the sink right now.

Would like to change it to an electric pump in the future to help drain it out in winter. Not sure I can get to the drain plug in the tank and the hand pump would take a really long time to drain it down.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Put in the pink now, pump until it runs thru sink, install electric pump this winter, flush well in spring.

LakeMichiganBoater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I did load it up with a ton of pink antifreeze. I am thinking of installing a 12v pump like this in the spring, just to make it a more usable sink and be able to drain it down easier in the winter.